Location: Los Angeles, California | Job #:610 | Category: Sales- Business Development
Business Development Manager for a multi-million, multi-state commercial property facility services provider. We are a fast-paced organization looking for top talent that can grow with the company as we continue to expand our presence. Seeking candidates to fill positions available in Los Angeles and Orange Country.
This opportunity is an outside sales role in a relationship driven industry. BDMs call on decision makers for multi-tenant commercial office, single-tenant corporate headquarters, medical, educational, municipal and other industries and facilities. The BDM is responsible for each step in the Business Development Cycle (lead qualification, relationship building, marketing, branding, proposal development, RFP process adherence and closing). Generous commission plans are provided for new business sold.
Excellent prospecting skills are a must, along with the ability to develop deep relationships with potential clients. The ideal candidate has outstanding interpersonal skills, is highly professional, and has already established strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a deep familiarization with technology and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
Growth goal is to drive double digit growth consistently:
- Growth of new accounts has been in excess of 10% over the last 4 years.
- We are investing in our sales team – we want to grow and are including aggressive compensation to reward top performers.
- Extensive resources for reps to develop relationships – large marketing budgets.
- Highly flexible, results oriented environment. Successful reps are not micro-managed.
- Uncapped commissions!
Compensation and Benefits:
- $60-75k base, aggressive commission plan.
- First year goal attainment should drive compensation of $90k-$100k. Growth opportunity continues each year after, approaching $130k year 2.
- Mileage reimbursement, cell phone, and laptop with air card provided.
- Medical and dental insurance
- 15 days PTO
- All business expenses covered
- Company car with gas card (for company travel only)
- Aggressive marketing budget with events, golf tournaments, and social outings are a requirement for the position. We want to take prospects out and have fun!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of outside, B2B sales
- RFP experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- High level of comfort with Microsoft Office suite and demonstrated writing skills.
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation and conceptual selling skills.
- Experience calling on the commercial real estate industry a plus.
- Hunter mentality with the skillset to manage, maintain and consistently develop new leads.
- Top 20% sales performance
- Experience with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system
About the Company
Our client is a full-service janitorial company that specializes in single and multi-tenant buildings, corporate campuses, municipal and public education environments.
They are a quality-oriented company that serves customers in a professional and efficient manner. They have an established culture based on core values that define they are as a company. The company culture results in customers being supported by employees who are committed to delivering services based on these values:
Commitment: Promise to work hard in performing duties to the best of your abilities.
Professional Integrity: Pride in delivering services when and how we promised.
Accountability: Taking ownership of actions and decisions.
Continuous Improvement: Encourage innovation to better serve customers.
Excellence: Driven to exceed customers’ expectations at every level.
We are passionate about what we do and looking to add service-oriented and highly motivated team members to share in our growth. Today, our client has over 4,000 team members with a presence in Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington and Colorado.