Location: Carlsbad, California | Job #:566 | Category: Operations
Our client obsesses over the experience of care to help care teams communicate and work together reliably and efficiently. Thats why they developed there system, the only clinical communications and collaboration solution that enables work, not just communication. Designed by clinicians, It combines workflow and context to improve productivity and clinical outcomes.
They are passionate about simplifying the way clinicians work. Our client needs the best and brightest employees to maintain the momentum of innovation!
In this position, you will:
Work with a team of intelligent people on challenging projects that have real impact
Make meaningful contributions as a valued team member
Help build and grow one of the most innovative care communication-workflow platforms
The Clinical Training Consultant reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services. The Clinical Training Consultant supports the entire PatientTouch training process, provides customer training (on-line, classroom, video) and supports development of materials on the PatientTouch System to ensure optimal and continued learning and optimization of the system and its various modules. Travel is a necessary and integral part of this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform Education Assessments with clients to determine needed materials and methods of learning for the PatientTouch System and its modules.
- Schedule customer update Education Team calls throughout the project to assess customer readiness for training as materials are being developed and presented to the site team for approvals.
- Support the development of user-friendly classroom learning tools to optimize the learning of the PatientTouch System (including training materials, PowerPoints, etc.).
- Support the development of and implement web-based e-learning allowing pre-requisite and refresher training to all users of PatientTouch.
- Develop tools necessary to track user competency and report results. Develop follow-up learning for those requiring assistance.
- Work with the site to schedule training classes, arrange trainers, if applicable and execute in class training.
- Regularly communicate training status (by site/unit) to Project Implementation Manager and Director of Clinical Services.
- Provide on-going support as necessary following the implementation of PSS system.
- Provide consultative training solutions for clients.
- Continually support and track approvals of updated training materials with launch of new modules and releases.
- Continually obtain feedback and implement changes/improvements to learning tools to optimize learning results.
- Exercise effective time management and organizational skills.
- Work independently in client assignments, with minimal direction from management.
- Customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- BSN or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare environment (Pharmacy or Nursing) is a plus.
- 2+ years of training facilitation experience is a plus
- Experience with computerized system applications.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with strong analytical and word-processing skills.
- Working knowledge of software/hardware applications and accessories.
- Experience with training or tutoring others and ability to speak/present to small groups.
- Above average proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to identify and interact with nursing personnel in a hospital setting
- High degree of comfort interacting with hospital executives on a consultative level
- Strong customer care orientation
- Experience in recognizing and assessing varying nursing care practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to adapt and thrive in dynamic and ambiguous environments
Incumbent has access to Protected Health Information as defined under HIPAA
Incumbent does not have access to Protected Health Information as defined under HIPAA