Location: Irvine, California | Job #:563 | Category: Operations- Supply Chain/ Purchasing
Director Global Sourcing Supply Chain
Company: Our client is a leading international consumer product company located near Orange County California. Their parts are found in more toilets than all other brands combined. Built on and inspired by an unsurpassed history of innovation, they have become an icon in the plumbing industry. With a reputation for superior quality continues to grow as retail, wholesaler and international trade business and OEM partnerships are cultivated, further establishing the company as an innovative leader and global supplier in the toilet care industry.
Position: They are looking to hire a Director of Global Sourcing whom will be responsible for coordinating, communicating, executing, and implementing all activities related to global sourcing for all company facilities. The position is charged with establishing strategies and processes to control the quality, costs, lead times and logistics for materials, components, supplies, and services, needed to achieve companys costs, inventory, and delivery objectives. Maintain systems and metrics to monitor critical markets for trends and define the strategies and tactics required to respond to those trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for executing global supply strategy, implementation plans and metrics for sourcing.
- Maintains a global supplier footprint that mitigates supply risk, contains cost and maintains quality.
- Responsible for staff development with a particular focus on employee development and cross functional teamwork and collaboration.
- Individually execute and manage critical commodities, customers and contracts as needed.
- Works with engineering, quality and manufacturing to develop and execute processes to control cost, support new product releases, product changes and product enhancements.
- Responsible for budget preparation and execution of savings and inventory targets. Understands, accepts, and leads a continuous improvement and continuing cost reduction focus in all procurement processes.
- Track and communicate key trends, cost drivers and price movements to the organization on a macro, commodity and/or contractual basis for all key commodities.
- Creates and applies operating processes needed to manage commodities and suppliers of products and services.
- Develops and implements organizational strategies that will support the implementation of processes for supplier management and development.
- Works with marketing, sales and business development functions in managing branded products.
- Participates in internal programs, i.e. communications, work simplification, cost reduction and assisting purchasing personnel, as workload requires.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred. Must have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in Global Sourcing across multiple commodities.
- Specific commodity knowledge and management in the areas of resins, rubber compounds, packaging, molded parts, machined parts, hardware and purchased finished goods.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements at the commodity, material, part number or supplier level.
- Multi-site global (China, Mexico, Europe) experience, 1000 + part number, 100M+ spend and 20+ commodity environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills required across all levels of the organization and foreign sites/cultures.
- Must have thorough understanding of Sourcing Management and systems. Experience in Operations, Marketing/Sales, Finance.
- Knowledgeable in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting business and organization; knows competition; aware of strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Must be bottom line oriented; self-starting; sets high expectations for self and staff.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of country custom codes and working knowledge of customs brokers and traveling companies.
- Must consistently demonstrate appropriate core values and beliefs. Responsible for making correct decisions based on analysis, experience, and judgment. Future oriented; can articulately paint credible scenarios of possibilities while creating competitive breakthrough strategies and contingency plans.
- Capable of standing, bending, walking, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling, and reaching on a frequent basis. Capable of lifting 20 pounds on an occasional basis.