Location: Irvine, California | Job #:607 | Category: Marketing- Management
The Director, Advertising & Media oversees product launch activities and sustainment activities in Tier 1, 2 & 3 and multicultural marketing. Role is the lead on brand strategy and analytics/metrics, media (Broadcast/Digital/Print//OOH), Advertising and brand partnerships. The Director is to manage marketing plans to consumers and dealers, per the defined annual, near term, and long term Business Plan. This role directly oversees vendor and agency partners, Media, Brand Strategy, Advertising, and paid Social Media activities and strategies.
PERSONALLY PERFORMED DUTIES
- Directs the activities of team members and outside agency partners and other vendors to meet various project deadlines.
- Oversee the Retail Marketing Department, including DMG strategy & planning, Digital Certified Solutions and Enterprise Lead Management platforms.
- Oversee and guide the KDMG program including: oversight of program structure, management of the budgets, media placement strategies and recommendations and development of Tier 2 advertising creative.
- Represents marketing department within internal company meetings, collaborative projects, external public communications and media activities as assigned.
- Be custodian of the brand responsible for brand image development and for product communications strategy and executions.
- Responsible for Social Media community management with regards to vehicle launch, paid & organic and creative initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Master’s degree desirable
Overall Related Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience in the automotive industry, retail and or corporate with dealer contact experience preferred
- 10+ years of marketing management experience either at an agency or corporate environment required
- 5+ years’ experience in advertising, brand strategy, product marketing, sales, digital marketing, media, pricing, product and/or corporate planning, or consumer insights; automotive experience a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in leading and/or managing digital marketing activities; experience developing and optimizing web and mobile based platforms strongly desired as is experience overseeing paid and owned digital/social platforms and tools highly desired.
Directly Related Experience:
- Must be able to demonstrate history of driving cultural change, innovation and growth through brand recognition and customer locality initiatives
- Must have proven track record of Advertising initiatives.
- Must have solid understanding of Media best practices.
- Must have vendor and agency management experience.
Planning & Organizing:
- Adequately applies and effectively distributes ideas and material resources by clarifying the priorities, activity sequences, and planning of projects/tasks
- Clearly recognizes both internal and external customers and the impact that task performance could have on them
- Clearly defines the contents and characteristics of a problem; searching for rational procedures and approaches in order to propose the best problem-solving solutions
- Communicates with high skills of professionalism and clarity within internal or external forums, and is inspiring to internal and external resources and teams.
- Demonstrating respect for co-workers and creating a working environment of cooperation and teamwork by sharing and working together to accomplish tasks
- Strong project management skills
- Strong strategic planning & leadership development skills
- Accomplished PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING
This individual must have a full and complete knowledge of the company’s objectives, its operations and its obstacles. This individual must address issues that affect retail marketing plans, and communicate recommended solutions to top management. This individual is often required to develop strategies and execute tactics when necessary and must have excellent problem-solving skills.