Location: Carlsbad, California | Job #:565 | Category: HR
Human Resources Manager/Director
Are you ready to make your HR mark at an exciting healthcare IT company? Our client is building and expanding its capabilities and we are seeking a highly skilled, business-minded, experienced HR practitioner and leader for a Manager/Director-level role. Our client is in the forefront of improving Healthcare communications between patients and hospitals with more than a decade of experience enabling mobile clinical workflow and care team collaboration in more than 80 hospitals.
The HR Director will serve as a credible, trusted advisor to provide solutions and recommendations to enhance operational effectiveness. She/he will support the execution of business strategies through the implementation of Human Resources strategies and solutions that support short and long-term business objectives.
We seek an individual with an above the trees perspective who can draw upon their professional breadth and depth, as well as their ability to influence and inspire to measurably contribute and accelerate the achievement of our business objectives. This is an exciting opportunity for the selected individual to shape the role based on her/his experience, creativity and passion.
If weve piqued your interest and you possess the following talents and education, we would like to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In collaboration with Senior Leadership, promote a culture of accountability and drive business results through the implementation of effective performance management systems, measures and rewards.
- Manage and provide guidance and counsel on employee recruitment, selection, employment, classification, orientation, compensation functions, evaluation, retention, discipline, discharge, and labor law compliance.
- Collaborate with account management to create an implementation coverage model (i.e. project governance) to ensure smooth execution.
- Develop, manage and administer benefit programs, including all reporting, payroll accounting, negotiations, statistical analysis, reconciliations, audits, COBRA benefits, and compliance and legal issues.
- Work closely with department heads to develop and implement processes to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps as well as departmental and organizational needs.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including conducting and/or monitoring the Interactive Process.
- Create and supervise training and development programs relating to all employment and organizational development issues, including various areas of mandatory compliance training relating to human resources/employment legal environment issues, i.e. anti-harassment training.
- Provide leadership and expertise in evaluating current human resources practices and make recommendations for improvement in policies and procedures.
- Develop, recommend, implement and interpret policies and programs regarding compliance with Wage and Hour Laws and all other State and Federal regulations.
- Work closely with department heads to clarify job descriptions, duties and classifications for employees.
- Manage the H1B Visa process.
- Seasoned in performance management and improvement systems and processes.
- Manage and administer Workers Compensation, including all reporting, negotiations, statistical analysis, audits, and compliance issues.
- Manage and administer leaves, including required notices, record keeping and legal issues.
- Manage and provide guidance for any employee labor relations issues.
- Create, interpret, review, recommend and maintain manuals, forms and documents relating to human resources, including, but not limited to, Employee Handbook, Workers Compensation policies and procedures, Human Resources policies and procedures, and Leave policies and procedures.
- Select and coordinate use of Human Resources consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, training specialists, labor counsel, and other outside sources.
- Company culture/spirit facilitator including planning of employee events, holiday party, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Participate in department meetings and other committees, groups, and task forces as assigned.
- Proactively advise the Vice President, Finance of project status, potential issues and overall departmental progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred with a Human Resources Management emphasis.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with 2 years in positions with significant managerial responsibility and demonstrated strong leadership skills. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Experience within the high-tech industry and rapidly scaling start-up environment preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Payroll experience preferred (ADP) 75+ multi-state company.
- In-depth knowledge of California employment law.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exemplary oral communication skills
- Highly effective writing skills
- Planning and time management
- Process driven
- High standards of ethics and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning abilities/sound judgment
- Resourceful and well organized
- High emotional intelligence
- Change agent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change quickly