Location: San Diego , California | Job #:575 | Category: Sales- Inside
With over two decades of experience building interactive media and over 60 million downloads of our mobile apps, our client brings a world-class team to enterprise customer needs in the area of AR/VR Development. As an early-adopter in VR and AR, they offer deep experience in the design and development of applications for these technologies, big and small. Their unique, leading-edge knowledge of high-performance 3D development ensures that their clients will receive the best-looking apps and tools in the business. They are an Early Access Development Partner with Magic Leap.
Reporting to the VP Sales Marketing and CEO, The Inside Sales Manager will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into a variety of industries including automotive, architectural, oil gas, construction, retail and defense.
As an individual contributor, you will be charged with identifying and engaging prospective clients, answering technical questions, hosting demos presentations, negotiating new contracts, closing new business and ultimately onboarding new clients. By engaging with business leaders, key decision makers senior executives, the ISM will articulate the benefits and historical results of employing our clients exceptional, customized software development solutions.
The ISM will conduct high-level conversations with senior executives and key decision makers, to understand the current state and future plans regarding their software development strategy. The successful candidate will be a strong, independent minded, self-motivated and self-driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious. This newly created position has advancement potential within the organization, as the company continues to expand and grow its sales team.
In this role, you will be able to
- Leverage your personal experience and success as a top hunter and closer to convert prospects into new clients
- Make a direct impact on a hyper-growth, early stage business that lives on the cutting edge of technology
- Utilize consultative sales techniques, thoroughly assess prospects current software development initiatives, deficiencies and opportunities for improvement, ultimately crafting client-specific agreements that incorporate AR/VR functionality to meet the unique needs of each prospect
- Employ proven sales tactics that allow you to rely on your ability to think on your feet, react quickly in a fluid environment, and be prepared with compelling responses to prospect questions
- Aggressively achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual goals measured by booked revenue in combination with the number of prospects that move forward to the final phase and eventual signing
- Utilize the CRM, summarizing activity and progress
- Research markets and industries to opportunities, understand competition, market trends, and consumer attitudes
- Develop and execute targeted, strategic outbound phone, LinkedIn and email campaigns to recruit prospects at the Director level and above in the automotive, architectural, construction, oil gas, retail and defense sectors
- Work closely with the internal Executive Team to set and achieve sales goals go-to-market strategies
- Map prospective accounts around organizational structure, people and existing technology
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
You will be successful in this role if you possess
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in the world of AR/VR software development
- Recent experience in the custom software development, SaaS or other technology sectors
- 3-10 years in sales or business development, identifying and closing leads focused on software development
- A demonstrated ability to successfully operate in a small, agile, fluid fast paced company culture (ideally less than $10m in sales)
- A history of wring succinct, crisp, compelling communications
- A proven track record of converting prospects to clients in a timely efficient manner leveraging technology such as online demos, WebX and screen-shares
- An exceptional ability to listen and problem solve, with a history of uncovering pain points and unique hot buttons and responding by presenting relevant, specific and marketing-centric solutions
- Recent experience representing or selling a custom, consultative service with a long-term sales cycle
- A proven, well-developed ability to produce and present accurate forecasts.
- History of working with small teams or as the sole hunter for the company
- A collaborative and engaging communication style that relies on your ability to be concise, direct and consultative, while demonstrating initiative, patience, and courtesy
- A demonstrated history of working independently in a self-directed, fluid, fast-paced, metric-driven environment that encourages intellectual push back
- A passion for multi-tasking and a commitment to following through and following up
- The fortitude and confidence to interact regularly with senior executives, business owners, CEOs, and their respective stakeholders
- Problem-solving and analytical skills that equip you with a keen ability to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- PipeDrive CRM experience is a plus