Location: San Diego, | Job #:548 | Category: Marketing- Brand Management
Are you seasoned Offline Traditional Marketing Manager with experience in designing and executing offline direct response acquisition campaigns with a focus on DRTV and audio?
Our client is seeking an experienced and innovative Offline Marketing Manager with a strong background in Traditional TV and Radio, along with progressive mediums including OTT, Streaming Audio, and Podcasts. As part of the Acquisition Marketing Team, youll work among the best and brightest in the e-commerce gifting space, making a measurable impact to our top and bottom line. If you are passionate, driven by results, dont settle for good enough and have been known as a rock star--then please keep reading!
The Offline Marketing Manager is a 4+ year experience position and will be focused on the Companys brands. This role owns the strategy and execution for all offline channels, developing marketing strategies and tactical plans that meet the Companys objectives for acquiring customers and maximizing profitability.
What you will contribute:
- Develop and implement strategic plans to achieve long and short-term strategic objectives, principally related to new customer acquisition, customer retention, and profitability.
- Lead decision making on all related media buying including negotiating and working with partners to develop testing plans to achieve revenue targets.
- Be responsible for the full end-to-end customer experience for your channels including the online and offline customer experience, promotions, key messaging and campaign management.
- Own testing strategy for site landing pages, product features, and campaign creative to maximize acquisition (conversion) and lifetime value
- Conduct seasonal campaign analysis and make recommendations on all owned marketing campaigns.
- Develop ongoing media plan to continuously raise awareness among core target audiences while driving top and bottom line growth
- Consistently and predictably forecast and deliver financial plan commitments, including Order Volume, Net Revenue, and Direct Operating Expenses on a monthly, quarterly and fiscal year basis.
- Manage agency relationships, asking the right questions and making strategic decisions with agency partners to achieve brand goals
- Partner with internal creative department and external agency partners to develop creative that is on brand and effective at driving response in both offline and online channels
- Understand and analyze data, making recommendations regarding investment and operating decisions.
- Explore new media opportunities that fit our target audience and strategic objectives; develop test and implementation plans accordingly
- Maintain and foster productive working relationships with all internal support functions, particularly Marketing / Merchandising, Creative, Planning Logistics, Consumer Insights, Strategic Development, Legal, Finance and IT.
What we seek:
- 3-6 years+ prior marketing experience or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree or MBA
- Proven analytical ability and quantitative skills, strong Excel skills
- Proven track record developing and executing marketing strategies
- Experience in online and offline direct marketing strongly preferred, with emphasis in campaign management and measurable results
- Mass media planning, buying and strategy experience, agency side experience a plus
- Exceptional problem-solving skills are essential. Must be able to hypothesize and analyze root causes and then make data-driven recommendations regarding solutions and opportunities. Understand how/when to incorporate qualitative data into decision-making
- Self-starter/motivator, capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Results driven
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent communication skills, solid negotiation skills
- Good people skills -- ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, team player
- Detail oriented, highly organized
- Energy / capacity to work in a fast paced environment
- Direct response marketing experience
- Experience with data reporting tools such as cognos, SQL, server, etc.
- Experience using Omniture or other web analytics tools
- Attribution experience and understanding within integrated marketing campaigns
- E-commerce experience
- Traditional media planning or buying experience