Location: Commerce, California | Job #:538 | Category: Operations- Supply Chain/ Purchasing
Our Client, located in Commerce, CA, is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team. Our client has been providing customers with top-quality packaging, fine paper products, and janitorial suppliesfor the past 11 years.
The Purchasing Manager supports activities throughout the complete supply chain system including direct material planning, vendor management, cost reduction, purchasing, strategic sourcing, and logistics ensuring tight supply/demand alignment, timely supply delivery, and effective communication across departments.
Own and drive day-to-day supplier cost, delivery, and quality and supplier management for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Monitor supplier performance and identify cost reduction and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Identify and develop new sources of supply as needed.
- Identify bottlenecks in the supply-chain process and implement solutions to improve performance.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to reduce costs, streamline business processes and meet the needs of the business and customer.
- Facilitate supplier discussions to support material flow, projects, and cost reduction objectives.
- Support contract creation and execution for key supplier relationships.
Bachelors Degree in Supply Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Previous packaging industries experience a must.
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify alternative solutions or approaches to complex problems.