Location: Cerritos, California | Job #:570 | Category: Sales- Business Development
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - MIDWEST
Our client entered the food ingredient business in the 1920s and offers a broad portfolio of all-natural specialty ingredients. They are one of the worlds largest manufacturer and marketer of food-grade industrial vinegar. They serve a range of markets and end-use applications, including: food and beverage ingredients, antimicrobials, bio-herbicides and cleaning products across the food, beverage, agricultural, industrial and wholesale markets.
POSITION SUMMARY- Midwest Regional Sales Manager - Remote
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in an assigned market. Responsible for the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned territory. Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements for customers.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Prepares action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales and activity reports.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Participates actively in all short / long-term planning exercises.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on sales activities in region.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- High-level negotiation skills.
- 7 to 10 years sales experience in the Food Industry
- Strong account management skills
- 70% account mgmt and 30% Sales/Business Development
- Must be able to travel 50%