Location: San Diego , California | Job #:580 | Category: Sales- Business Development
The Sales Manager provides leadership and management oversight to the day-to-day operations of the Inside Sales Consultant team. The SM will be a player/coach, and work on a national scale to grownew account revenue (NAR) through the addition of new clients. This position will be on the front linewith the Sales Consultants introducing businesses to their services while developing and testing new strategies that drive sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead manage a team of Inside Sales Consultants and work to quickly scale a producing team.
- Develop, motivate and retain top performers.
- Effectively manage and lead team to success hitting monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Monitors calls, coaches and joins all presentations with new hires during their first 90 days
- Review new hire progress with employee at 30, 60 and 90 days.
- Conducts weekly individual pipeline review meetings with each Sales Consultant to determine pipeline growth, next steps and accurate forecasting.
- Maintains expert level of proficiency with Salesforce CRM, for regular audits, reporting data and ensuring team members are using Salesforce to optimize prospecting and accurately updating opportunities with current statuses within the sales cycle.
- Drives revenue generationthrough coaching and mentoring the inside sales teams verbal and written communication skills and overall strategies.
- Identifies prospect needs, understand business drivers behind requests, and be able to explain train team members on companys value propositions, new products/services, and process changes.
- Collaborates with Sales Consultants on presentations and follow up calls to assist in closing deals on an as needed basis.
- Understands lead qualification and works to develop process and accuracy.
- Partners with the Director of Sales to refine the sales playbook to scale and train our growing team.
- Executes in short-term sprints while maintaining a vision for long-term sustained success.
- Reviews resumes and conducts phone screening and in-person interviews to effectively maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates for the inside sales team.
- BA/BS in Business or related degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on Leadership role with teams of 10+ in open floor environment
- Minimum 3+ years in a sales position
- Minimum 2+ years inside sales management experience
- Ability to gain confidence and build rapport with all team members as well as clients
- Excellent time and organizational management skills with ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong yet non-confrontational negotiating skills
- Computer skills to include SalesForce, Excel, Word, and PPT. Keyboarding skills of 50+ wpm (proven)
- Strong phone selling skills that include appointment setting, presenting and closing
- B2B consultative sales experience
- Experience selling to HR decision makers and/or within the technology industry a
- Trade showexperience