Location: San Diego, California | Job #:573 | Category: Marketing- Graphic/Creative
Our San Diego based client is looking for a talented storyteller and content marketer to create engaging, high-quality content for clinical, IT and informatics decision makers at health systems and hospitals. Using your content marketing expertise, copy writing, and digital content skills, you will build, own and manage our content strategy and editorial calendar, and develop content including ebooks, whitepapers, social, emails, and more. This role will also own and implement corporate tone and writing guidelines, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop compelling content that moves our target audience along the buying journey.
You will be successful if...
You are a thorough researcher, and crack writer with the ability to make the complex simple and compelling. You enjoy working on several projects at once, and bring the ability to think conceptually and quickly put pen to paper. You understand that clear, articulate, and persuasive copy goes hand in hand with crafting beautiful narratives that captivate an audience. Ownership, drive, and scrappiness are essential behaviors.
- Develop annual content strategy and roadmap key themes, topics they can own.
- Create and manage their editorial calendar.
- Develop a consistent voice for the content across all outlets.
- Serve as the chief storyteller and content strategist by collaborating with internal and external teams to develop, edit, and optimize content for its appropriate placement.
- Work closely with company leadership, marketing teammates, and other departments to articulate our products core benefits clearly and consistently, in an engaging way.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest clinical communications industry trends and customer challenges to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Edit content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Serve as an exemplary writer. You write clean, concise, well-polished copy. Your grammar and spelling are impeccable.
- Degree or equivalent experience in journalism, marketing, communications and/or public relations.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in content strategy.
- Minimum 5 years of experience creating digital content such as white papers, e-books, blog posts, web pages, infographics, presentations, case studies, videos, and webinars.
- 3-5 years experience in Health IT, medical device, or healthcare industry.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to prioritize and time-manage.
- Ability to self-start, stick to deadlines, and drive projects to timely completion.