Location: San Diego, California | Job #:571 | Category: Sales- Business Development
Senior Sales Executive
- Directly impact the future of the business by expanding their footprint in the diagnostic drug testing industry by sourcing, engaging and closing net new business
- Contribute to the overall go-to-market strategy by bringing real time market intel to the executive leaders, as they continue to shape the long term growth strategy of the business
- Interact daily, both on the phone and in person, with key decision makers across a variety of geographies and both medical and corporate entities
- Not be treated simply as a number; rather, as part of this highly dynamic, results-oriented and collaborative team, you will truly make a difference in the future of our client
The Senior Sales Executive will work from home primarily, with weekly visits/check ins to the office for meetings staff updates as needed, It is expected that at least 50% of your time will be spent travelling within your region.Purpose of Job:
As the result of our clients new growth strategy and recent acquisition, this newly created, highly engaged position will be a field-based, hunting B2B sales role. The successful candidate will leverage missionary and competitive selling approaches to introduce on a grander scaleto the marketplace. The Sales Executive will sell drug testing diagnostics services - with a particular focus on urine testing - directly to physicians and rehab centers.
- Maintain and build relationships with new customers in assigned territory by implementing a schedule of regular visits.
- Achieve activity levels of 4-8 appointments per week, by researching and identifying prospective physician offices and rehab centers
- Achieve agreed upon KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) on a monthly and yearly basis, including quote levels, closed sales levels and conversion ratios.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction resulting in repeat orders and recommendations.
- Resolve routine problems/issues faced by end users.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities.
- Travel extensively throughout the designated territory making field sales calls
- Research market and potential customers, keeping an awareness of developments within the market.
- Attend trade shows as needed
- Track and report activities on a weekly basis with the ability to share results with the executive team
- Meet regularly with VP Sales, Director of Operations CEO to review strategy and progress
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum, verifiable book of business exceeding $2m
- 3-8 years B2B sales, field sales experience
- Consistent and proven field/Missionary sales experience with the ability to sell at a technical level
- Prior experience using a contact management system and other databases to track activity, manipulate data and produce reports
- Prior work experience within the lab testing and diagnostics industry is required, with an emphasis in urine testing
- Independent and autonomous working experience with recent experience working remotely
- Demonstrable Drive and a track record of persistence perseverance
- Proven network of contacts (minimum $5m book of business) within the lab testing toxicology industry
- Ability to present clear information, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal direction
- Comfortable communicating with a variety of customers at all levels
- Commercial and analytical skills
- Negotiation skills