Location: San Diego, California | Job #:567 | Category: Operations
Our client obsesses over the experience of care to help care teams communicate and work together reliably and efficiently. That is why they developed their system, the only clinical communications and collaboration solution that enables work, not just communication. Designed by clinicians, it combines workflow and context to improve productivity and clinical outcomes.
They are passionate about simplifying the way clinicians work. Our client needs the best and brightest employees to maintain the momentum of innovation!
In this position, you will:
- Work with a team of intelligent people on challenging projects that have real impact
- Make meaningful contributions as a valued team member
- Help build and grow one of the most innovative care communication-workflow platforms
The Sr. Clinical Nurse Consultant is a field-based position that interacts with all levels of hospital management and staff. Primary internal relationships are with the implementation project teams and other project teams as assigned. The Sr. Clinical Nurse Consultant integrates clinical project goals into the overall project plan as developed and managed by the Project Manager and contributes directly to the ability of the field teams to achieve a high-quality implementation that is complete and delivered in accordance with pre-determined timelines. Position may require up to 50% travel.
Assess and analyze clinical processes within the hospital and determine if any changes are required to successfully implement all modules of the clients system. This requires an analysis of the customers clinical systems and workflows with oversight responsibility for review/revision of existing customer policies and procedures.
Serve as a nursing end user advocate and expert advisor to the rest of the clients organization. Will provide the Client and the clients Implementation Team with the clinical leadership necessary to successfully implement, test and train clients to successfully utilize the client system.
- Identify and present recommended process changes to improve clinical workflow to appropriate hospital decision-makers.
- Participate in development of hospital specific nursing implementation plans for customers to include on-site evaluation of validation and expansion units.
- Serve as liaison between Client clinical staff and the Implementation teams.
- Provide ongoing and post-implementation nursing consulting.
- Suggest product improvements, reports, and new opportunities for expanding or enriching product feature and functionality.
- Assist in the development of justification and value realization metrics.
- Participate in the education of other client Team Members.
- Participate in the development of client training materials.
- Participate in the development of the client training plan and scope.
- Participate in providing training to new nurse users and follow up post go-live support.
- Remain current with available information detailing regulatory requirements and industry trends.
- BSN or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Five years of clinical staff and management experience in an acute care hospital setting, preferably with a mix of both medical/surgical and critical care experience.
- Strong ability to identify and interact with nursing personnel in a hospital setting.
- High degree of comfort interacting with hospital executives on a consultative level.
- Strong customer care orientation.
- Experience in recognizing and assessing varying nursing care practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to adapt and thrive in dynamic and ambiguous environments.
- Experience in Nursing education planning is a plus
- Experience with MAR development and implementation is a plus.
- Three years of clinical systems implementation experience, preferably medication system related is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Indepth experience in Microsoft Office, Captivate, Visio (or Lucidchart) is a plus.