Location: San Diego, California | Job #:549 | Category: Operations- Supply Chain/ Purchasing
Reporting to the President
Our Client is a Leading global direct marketer of business-to-business promotional products. The Company manufactures or imports business related promotional and gift products such as writing instruments, desk accessories, wearables, calendars, and drink wear that are then customized with a customers name, address, logo etc., using traditional laser engraving, silk screening or its proprietary technology for high speed digital image printing. Our Client primarily targets small businesses in the US and selected international markets and has manufacturing facilities in the US, Mexico and Ireland. The Company also has a retail division that sells similar products into retailers with logos or licensed designs.
Our client is in need of a detail oriented, roll up your sleeves Demand Planner professional who will be responsible for leading the forecasting demand planning for the entire company. The Demand Planner will be located in a suburb of San Diego, California and will report to the President of the Company. The major goals of this position are provide action oriented forecasting/reporting and analysis to the senior management of the company in order to meet the overall goals. It is critical that this person be a committed individual who can operate at the strategic business level with the senior management team but can also provide detailed and timely analysis and support for the day to day operations of the business.
The ideal candidate will ensure that the rolling product forecast will be executed by the highest standards. This function will be the main link between the operations and the multiple areas as Marketing, Merchandising and Finance. The candidate will manage Demantra (Oracle), the forecasting tool used in the business.
In this role you will..
- Maintain the integrity, execute sanity checks and ensure the 6-month rolling forecast for the organization
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast based on changes in demand and market trends
- Manage forecast for new products with the different BUs
- Ensure that product management is been done properly
- Keep the forecast accuracy continuous improvement
- Constantly seek opportunities for process improvements
- Proactively communicate supply shortfalls
- Daily review of order demand peaks
- Regular review of backorders, identification of root causes and contact with relevant teams on recovery
- Understand and be part of the supplier capacity meeting, helping on solutions for the various seasons
You will be successful in the role if you have..
- 5+ years of working experience in an equivalent role
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process
- Critical and analytical mindset
- Well-developed commercial feeling and excellent communication skills
- Pro-actively seek for solutions
- Hands-on approach and you are self-reliant
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of ERP systems are a plus
- Ability to challenge and influence across multiple teams
- High energy, high creativity with the ability to work through the basics too
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Strong motivational skills and ambition
- Must be able to lead and thrive in cross functional team environment
- Demantra experience is a big plus
- Degree with background in Economics/Logistics or equivalent through experience