Location: Vista, California | Job #:585 | Category: Sales- Management
Job Title: VP Sales and Client Engagement
Our client is a fast growing San Diego based company who is searching for a Vice President of Sales and Client Engagement. The VP of Sales will be responsible for customer retention and growth, new sales and marketing. This includes the direct management of the Sales, Account Management, and related budgets, goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns and drives new revenue growth through new client acquisition and current clients
- Designs, implements, and manages related forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes.
- Provides leadership to the sales and account management organization, and counsel to the CEO and Leadership Team, in implementing customer and growth objectives that appropriately reflect business goals.
- Responsible for assigning and executing daily, weekly, monthly, and annual sales objectives outlined in the annual operating plan (AOP) and ensuring financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Meets or exceeds revenue and customer acquisition/retention goals in accordance with company standards.
- Executes on the tactical elements of territory planning, quotas, compensation planning, value proposition (how to win), scripts and presentations, market segmentation and reporting
- Executes on the strategic elements of market development and opportunity identification (where to play), retention planning, and organizational structure
- Hires, trains, develops and manages a high-performance team focusing on new customer acquisition and retention of valued clients.
- Develops a metrics/customer/market-driven culture in accordance with our overall company culture and priorities.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales and account management organization objectives.
- Partners with CEO and other Leadership Team members to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Collaborates closely with the Leadership Team to understand company, technology and product strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the current platform.
- Works closely with sales managers to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures customer and growth-related reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the CEO. Develops new reporting tools and dashboards as needed.
- Works with leadership in prioritizing training objectives for client management, retention, selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with CEO, Accounting/Finance and Human Resources, designs incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce organization strategy, and align with the business, retention and sales objectives. Establishes compensation program rules, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and coaching team
- Bachelors degree
- 15 plus years experience in SaaS or similar industry selling to HR, compliance and/or risk buyers
- 10 plus years executive management experience to include building, leading, managing and developing successful sales teams
- 2 plus years utilizing Salesforce.com
- Masters degree