Location: Carlsbad, California | Job #:615 | Category: Sales- Management
Our client is an award-winning, market leader in the smart home IoT category that is focused on bringing together deep expertise in product design, wireless connectivity and RF engineering, cloud infrastructure and leading-edge AI capabilities to create a seamless smart home experience. They are currently seeking a VP of North American Sales to lead and develop their sales team and overall sales strategy.
The Vice President of North American Sales is a hands-on leadership sales role responsible for growing IOT product sales in retail and eCommerce channels throughout the US and Canada. You will lead a team of sales professionals and be responsible for Sales growth targets as well as account and channel strategy. Key areas of responsibility:
- Recruit, and manage NA sales team
- Develop and manage relationships with key customers and channel partners
- Build sales strategy for targeting existing customer and new channel partners
- Develop plans and negotiate programs to increase sales profitably
- Work with various internal groups including product management, legal, finance and operations to plan and close business
- Analyze and understand industry and competitive trends
- Motivate team and assist where necessary to help close business
- P&L responsibility. Ability to understand business trade-offs to meet growth and profit targets
- Expert in working with national retailers and eCommerce accounts
- Excellent contacts within the leading retail channel partners and familiar with their go to market strategies
- Understanding and experience selling products in the smart home or security categories
- Ability to work cross functionally with the product team, operations, finance and the executive team to deliver results
- Ability to identify new opportunities and implement programs to capture growth potential.
- Experience taking customer requirements and translating them to deliverable programs and promotions
- Creative thinker. Knowledge of IP Cameras, Networking, cloud service applications, and related security products is helpful.
- Excellent communications skills to present ideas to both internal and external audiences
- Ability to problem solve and make relevant recommendations
- 10+ years sales management and leadership experience