Location: Southern California or Washington D.C. area
Our client is a fast-growing startup providing AI-as-a-Service to help uncover key insights in data. Our software helps customers through a combination of machine learning, immersive data visualization, and a collaborative shared virtual environment. Our technology is based on a decade of research at Caltech (California Institute of Technology) and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
The platform has been deployed across Department of Defense agencies, Federal Civilian agencies and Fortune 500 companies. We're proud to have been recently named as one of the Air Force's "big bets" on emerging technology!
Our fast-growing team is looking for a skilled, motivated and reliable Director of Business Development to help grow our Federal business. This role comes with a highly competitive base salary, significant cash bonus opportunity, large equity package (stock options) and generous health/vision/dental insurance.
What you’ll do
- Report directly to and work side-by-side with the VP of Federal who has grown our business from $2m to $10m in two years.
- You’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our company. We’re still learning what it takes to be successful as a startup selling AI solutions to the Federal government, and you’ll help answer key strategic questions on everything related to growing our business.
- Learn about our company and how to operate in the Federal space by playing a critical role in day-to-day operations. This includes tasks related to project management for existing customers, deployment of our solution to new customers and answering questions about our technology/use cases.
- Identify business opportunities and take on those challenges. This is as varied as finding solicitations which our proposal team can apply to, leveraging our customers for new ideas, finalizing contracts, seeking out partner firms to collaborate with, meeting with prospects and attending conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Fast learner who wants to make an impact.
- Experience thinking outside the box and chasing opportunities, preferably in fast-paced, technology-driven environments.
- Strong business development leadership skills and a track record in building and scaling strategies that deliver results.
- Ideal but not required: knowledge of the federal sector, including the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and other federal civilian agencies and familiarity with the solicitation and proposal process.
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations, company and product presentations, written communications such as email and proposals.
- The ability to work independently and remotely in an environment that changes rapidly (we're a startup)
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
What We Offer You
We are a team of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary data analytics and visualization company. With our client, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest-growing defense startups in Southern California. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the future of our nation’s security.
Our client is committed to building a company where every individual can bring their full impact and reach their fullest potential. Our mission is to build a diverse and inclusive environment where talented people of all cultures, ages, perspectives, opinions, education, backgrounds, races, gender identity, religions, orientations, abilities, and beliefs can grow and thrive with.