Location: Los Angeles, California | Job #:650 | Category: Sales- Business Development
Backed by over 20 years of experience, our client provides industry-leading construction workforce solutions for companies in the construction and solar industries throughout North America. They are seeking a talented and driven Business Development Representative to focus on the Los Angeles territory.
This position will provide individual business development for all professional Construction staffing within the assigned LA territory. Employee will have continuous expectations of market assessment, increasing revenue, and overall responsibility for sales.
- New Client Development
- Manage and grow sales activities of the market, including executing, developing and implementing a broad sales strategy and ensuring optimal servicing of new accounts.
- Participate in other business development activities as appropriate, including field sales and maintenance activities.
- Specifically generating leads, qualifying prospects, and conducting field sales and maintenance visits.
- Develop targeted accounts (accounts as assigned and/or approved by the Manager)
- Cross-sell for specialty divisions and share orders and leads.
- Participate in community public relations activities (2 per month minimum expected).
- Administrative and Development
- Attend weekly one-on-ones with Manager to review activities, monitor progress, provide feedback, and set objectives.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings, branch team meetings, and all other designated meetings as assigned by Manager.
- Complete weekly report to cover activities and goals/priorities and use sales software (CRM) to effectively document individual selling activities.
- Respond to client issues in a timely manner, bringing issues to the attention of the Manager as appropriate.
- Employee shall meet contractual expectations based on job description, financial and activity KPIs.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University (preferred)
- Passion and the desire to take ownership of your role
- Detail oriented and dedicated to maintaining data integrity and tracking information accurately and immediately
- Must be able to influence and be comfortable with proactive selling / networking, soliciting referrals
- Serve customers and internal staff with exceptional service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This role is remote however the employee will be required to attend meetings in person and/or by phone/video conferencing
- Outside sales activities to include visiting client project locations and offices (when safe to do so)
- Use of basic Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment including, but not limited to computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to engage in professional and interpersonal written and verbal communications with a wide variety of individuals including, employees, customers, vendors, managers and others.
- In accordance with the requirements of a typical office work environment, use of keyboards, keypads, dial pads etc., Some overhead reaching, bending and twisting, as per usual office environment and functions.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
- This is an in-market outside sales position within the Los Angeles territory. Overnight or out of market travel is approximately 5% to 10% for this position dependent upon business needs.
- 3+ years in a business development/sales role
- B2B selling of a service is highly preferred
- Construction Sales is a plus