Location: Irvine, California | Job #:636 | Category: Sales- Operations/ Enablement
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Deal Desk Manager who wants to take their career to the next level. This is a highly visible position within the company and you will work collaboratively across several different functions including, sales, legal, product and revenue to ensure deals are structured and 100% compliant with revenue recognition and internal deal requirements.
In this role you will also Manage the America’s Deal Desk team. The America’s Deal Desk team is a highly competent and fast paced organization that leads all deal structuring and bookings related activities; pricing, quote creation, approvals for non-standard terms, signature process and order management. The Deal Desk Manager role is an integral part of the finance organization and serves as a critical piece in resource alignment and deal compliance. Lastly, it’s imperative for this individual to closely partner and align with the field in order to keep up the demands of a fast growing and globally expanding company.
- Lead a regional Deal Desk team that manages the day-to-day aspects of deal approvals, quoting and booking activities
- Continually assess and provide opportunities for Deal Desk team to develop skills critical to the success of the organization and their specific career development objectives
- Proactively review and drive initiatives that simplify and improve QTC processes
- Look for opportunities to create meaningful partnerships with the field and other stakeholders (trainings, QBR participation, etc.)
- Leverage tools and other resources to increase visibility into the business and to provide actionable insight for stakeholders
- Participate in efforts to revamp and optimize Deal Desk onboarding and training/enablement programs
- 4-5 years in deal desk, sales operations, finance or similarly related role with a software or technology company
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a deal desk or sales operations team
- High level of expertise with Salesforce.com CRM and CPQ or other closely related technologies
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 accounting standard and its application within a software or technology company
- Experience with both a Direct and Indirect (channel) business model a plus
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and analytical with strong organizational skills.
- Extremely strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours during end of quarters
- Some travel may be required