Location: California, | Job #:653 | Category: Sales- Business Development
Our client is a diversified investment firm, and one of the first to become active in the public-private partnership space. Since 2006, they have established themselves as the leader in developing highly successful, results-driven partnerships, and are recognized as one of the most active real asset investors and developers in North America. With a team that numbers more than 50 professionals, the infrastructure practice they take a lead role in the bidding and development phases of large infrastructure projects, in addition to handling the day to day management of each asset.
Our client is further expanding their operation, and is looking to add a Director in the Western U.S. Reporting to the Head of PPP Investments, this newly added position will be charged with expanding the firm’s work in the Western U.S., serving as a peer to the regional leaders in the Northeast and South.
The successful candidate will be a “rainmaker” who is personally committed to establishing a beachhead in the West, to source, pursue, bid on and ultimately secure large infrastructure projects. The Director will leverage her/his deep network and well established ecosystem of builders, contractors, design/build firms and industry specific service providers, to further expand the firm’s private-public infrastructure partnership practice. In this highly visible, hands-on role, the Director will work independently, a significant portion of time will be spent in the Southern and Northern California regions, networking and developing new client contacts.
In this role, you will…
- Leverage your broad network of contacts to stay abreast of upcoming projects, tracking industry and regional trends
- Directly impact the growth and brand of the firm, throughout the Western U.S.
- Drive revenues by actively engaging with referral partners and potential clients, scheduling meetings with new and existing clients to uncover project opportunities
- Source an average of 5 deals/year
- Solicit involvement of other team members to maximize the likelihood of securing new engagement
- Develop and maintain strong business network as reliable source of information
- Prepare RFQs, RFPs and other proposals to ensure timely and accurate responses to client and prospect requests
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and potential owners, architects, consulting engineers, industry peers and suppliers by creating a positive image, building lasting relationships, focusing on added value for the client, and effectively communicating concepts and ideas
- Provide input to internal leaders regarding various design-build projects
- Offer insights and market intel to impact Corporate initiatives as appropriate
- Identify emerging markets within the industry and working with the company's management team to create and implement market penetration strategies
- Remain proactive in continuously seeking feedback from owners, architects, engineers, general contractors and service providers, developing and implementing procedures to benchmark company performance against competitors.
You will thrive in this role if you possess…
- Eight to fifteen years of industry experience, within the A/E/C services
- Demonstrated, deep knowledge of the Construction and public-private partnership sector in California
- Proven network of relevant, current contacts within the Construction industry across California
- History of leveraging existing contacts to secure multiple large infrastructure projects ($100m+) within California
- A Self-motivated and self-directed work ethic, equipping you with the temperament and discipline to work independently in order to further the company’s strategic plan
- Excellent interpersonal skills that emphasize superior listening skills
- Proven ability to determine client challenges and identify hot buttons, ultimately translating them into effective bids and consistently winning sales strategies
- A desire to help shape the future of the organization by contributing revenue and brand awareness within the Western U.S.
- Proficient writing, editing, grammar and proofing skills
- A dedication to being highly organized, persistent, persuasive, timely and thorough
- Working knowledge of construction technical services, experience, and capabilities.
- Ongoing involvement within a number of professional and civic associations, specifically those that afford the opportunity for interface with potential clients, providing access to information on industry trends