Location: Irvine, California | Job #:633 | Category: Marketing- VP Marketing/ CMO
Our leading national automotive client is looking for an executive to lead and implement an effective brand experience, including strategy development and execution for all sponsorships and experiential operations. Develop communication plan for our client that establishes and communicates the company’s key messages to target audiences. Identify and lead collaboration opportunities with various industries/brands to elevate the brand. This role will oversee Corporate Communications/Public Relations, Experiential – Partnerships, Events and Shows, and Corporate Social Responsibility efforts. Overseeing a team of 5 directly and 5 indirectly as well as outsourced resources. Experience with automotive brand necessary.
Develop Corporate Public Relations and Communications Strategy and supporting activities in order to raise awareness and increasing consideration for the brad. Provide communications counsel to executive team and President.
Lead and execute sponsorships / partnerships strategy, as well as all experiential marketing activities including all events (e.g., annual dealer meeting) and auto shows.
Develop, launch and maintain Corporate Social Responsibility efforts, including directing execution of related partnerships and programming.
PERSONALLY PERFORMED DUTIES
- Develops and manages objectives, strategies and budget parameters with respect to area of responsibility.
- Directs the activities of subordinate staff, outside public relations agency and supporting vendors.
- Directs and oversees the strategy and execution of marketing integration for new product launches, operations.
- Directs and oversees the strategy for marketing performance management (KPIs) public relations activities, including strategic plan and media involvement.
- Establish/maintain relationships with automotive press as well as develop relationships with non-automotive media (business, lifestyle, entertainment, technology, etc..), and social media
- Develop and communicate the long term corporate communications, sponsorship, and experiential operations strategy to support the company vision.
- Develop and maintain communications to dealers, vendors, and partners.
- Guides the Corporate Communication, Public Relations, Partnerships & Experiential teams in the execution of strategies and tactics for public relations programs that relates to our client’s internal and external audiences.
- Oversees what, how and where information shall be communicated to external audiences.
- Directs activities of the department for planning and overseeing all contacts with vendors and agency partners. This includes, but is not limited to, vehicle introductions, auto shows, press fleet operations and special events.
- Undertakes special assignments based on expertise and experience.
- Leads Corporate Social Responsibility, chairing cross-functional CSR Committee, setting strategy, identifying charity partnerships and overseeing activation.
- Encourages cross-discipline collaboration including working with multiple internal departments and external partners (e.g., partnership associations, outreach to government officials, regulators and agencies).
- Assist our clients Georgia HQ and our clients Mexico HQ as required with all national brand experience activities.
- Oversees, collaborates and cooperates with Overseas PR and global PR counterparts for coordinated messaging and media relations efforts.
- Collaborate with all related internal functions within our clients North America Marketing and affiliate organizations (International HQ’s)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Master’s degree desirable.
Overall Related Experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of public relations and/or marketing management experience including corporate communications and experiential marketing.
- A minimum of 10 years of planning and executing media/public relations activities.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of leadership experience, preferably in a related field.
Directly Related Experience:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the automotive or related field is preferred.
- Frequent travel may be required domestically and/or internationally estimated at 25%+
- May need to work additional hours outside of normal business hours as required by the job, including weekends or holidays.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft products)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Public speaking experience
- Strong leadership & collaboration skills
- Strong crises management understanding and skills
- Strong organizational skills
- On-camera experience
- Ability to work in a high-intensity, fast paced environment
PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING
As the primary leader in brand experience for the company, this individual must have a full and complete knowledge of the company’s objectives, its operations, long term business plans and constraints. This individual must address issues that affect internal and external audiences, and communicate recommended solutions to top management. This individual is often required to develop strategies and execute tactics when “time is of the essence,” and must have excellent problem-solving skills and flexibility.