Location: San Diego, California | Job #:648 | Category: Sales- Business Development
ARE YOU driven, energetic and a networking machine? Do you have big goals, love to network and live to sell? Do you care as much about who you work with as much as winning? Do you want to be in control of your own destiny as opposed to anyone being in control of it for you? Do you want to run in an entrepreneurial led environment? We need fun loving yet seriously self-driven outside sales professional with proven drive and customer relations experience to join our team...is this you?
Our client specializes in providing compliance and risk management for the financial industry, which includes investment advisers, investment companies, broker-dealers and advisers to private funds. We are seeking a Director of Business Development who has a passion for learning and growing in this dynamic industry in a fast-paced environment with upward opportunities. The Director of Business Development will report to our Executive Management Committee and will lead outbound sales efforts, including deal creation, implementation of the strategic sales plan, and identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships. The Director of Business Development should have at least five (5) to seven (7) years of sales experience with a proven B2B track record. Financial services industry experience is preferred but not required.
An ideal candidate is one who is proactive, has a charismatic and influential communication style, is outgoing, assertive, motivated by “wins” and commissions, loves building relationships and enjoys receiving public praise for their achievements and accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of sales experience with measurable historic success
- A demonstrated ability to build and implement a full sales lifecycle, start to finish, within the B2B segment selling a service or solution
- Ability to manage and grow sales activities of the market as an individual contributor, including executing, developing and implementing a broad sales strategy to increase new net revenue
- A competitive self-starter with an innate hunger to exceed goals and expectations
- Ability to influence and be comfortable with proactive selling / networking and soliciting referrals
- Team leader with ability to collaborate to drive sales
- Demonstrable track record of what it takes for a company to win
- Influential communication style (both written and verbal)
- Collaborate cross functionally between marketing and operations to provide world-class service and support
- Weekly presentation to the Executive Management Committee on sales pipeline and wins
- Experience leveraging a CRM to effectively manage the sales process
- Strategic and results oriented with ability to identify new opportunities
- Enthusiastic communicator with ability to connect with others
- Proven ability to understand people and situations and effectively build trust and strategic partnerships
- Ability to identify challenges, requirements and needs of new prospects
- Demonstrated ability to maintain, cultivate and expand existing client base
- Aptitude to manage multiple tasks, prioritize workload and provide weekly updates on strategies and initiatives to Executive Management Committee
- A self-organizing individual who constantly seeks to improve and implement technological efficiencies into their workflow
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus; a positive attitude a must
- Approximately 10% travel anticipated (post-COVID)
ABOUT THE FIRM
Our client is a proud to be certified as a NWBOC (woman owned business) which specializes in compliance and risk management for the financial industry. They service clients throughout California and nationwide. Growing at a rapid pace, they have achieved an impressive track record of success in the San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco markets and focuses on markets West of the Mississippi. Our client delivers premier consultation services to financial institutions throughout the United States, including broker-dealers, investment advisers, investment companies, hedge funds, and private equity firms.