Location: Irvine, California | Job #:634 | Category: Sales- Operations/ Enablement
Why work for just any analytics company? Our client explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future.
Reporting to the VP of Revenue Operations, the Deal Desk Director provides strategic direction and leadership to our global Deal Desk team in order to effectively support a fast-moving, high-performing global sales team. You will be responsible for daily oversight of the global team, providing timely and transparent feedback to foster talent development, modifying processes and resources in response to changes in the business, and driving deal velocity while maintaining booking accuracy.
The Deal Desk Director will be required to establish a trusted business partnership with Sales, Revenue Accounting, Sales Operations, Legal, and Customer Support teams to drive cross-functional operational initiatives and manage day to day deal flow. The ideal candidate will have subject matter expertise in deal structuring, deal flow management, pricing theory and system management (CPQ), and building a global function for scale. Further, this individual will possess exception people management skills including the ability to inspire and articulate a clear vision for the future, develop a trusting and inclusive team culture, and deliver results against established goals and metrics.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Lead, manage, and train a remote team dispersed across the globe which supports the current and future demands of the business.
- Ability to identify and onboard qualified individuals who will help us scale achieve that future-state vision.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Sales Operations to ensure sales proposals adhere to established corporate strategies and policies, including but not limited to revenue recognition and pricing policies.
- Actively participate in complex and non-standard deal reviews with customers/prospects, sales teams, and management. Partner with Sales, Revenue Accounting, and Legal to problem solve and develop alternate structures which minimize risk while maximizing profitability.
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition principles and software industry licensing models such as term, perpetual, SaaS, etc.
- Develop and document playbooks and models enabling repeatable processes and scale.
- Provide ongoing training and development to the Sales and Sales Operations teams on deal structuring and best practices to increase awareness and accelerate deal velocity.
- Lead initiatives such as development of dashboards, metrics, and system capabilities to gain better visibility into deal flows.
- Participate in drafting commercial language, terms, and fall back positions (i.e., build out the non-standard library to facilitate deal velocity).
- Serve as a member on various steering committees such as CRM/CPQ systems, product lifecycle management, and product pricing.
- Identify and drive implementation of new tools and process improvements to support growth and scale.
- All listed responsibilities are deemed essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Travel 20%
- 7+ years of deal desk, sales operations, order management or similar management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a people leadership capacity with demonstrated track record of driving results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with associates at all levels and cross-functionally
- Maintain confidential information and ensure it is handled with sensitivity
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and decision-making ability
- Highly proficient in all applications of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting from four-year college or university.
- Experience in a similar position within a high-tech software organization
- Salesforce CRM and/or CPQ experience is strongly preferred
- Contracts Administration experience: reviewing standard and complex contracts, analyzing and assessing risk, and resolving contract conflicts
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to think strategically and to lead a team
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proven track record of holding teams accountable