Location: Orange County, California | Job #:639 | Category: Sales- Management
Our client is a fast-growing technology solutions provider that develops custom solutions and provides software development for mid and enterprise level clients to enhance business performance.
Reporting to the Managing Partner and working with other executive team members, the Director of Sales is a “player/coach” leading a team of seasoned sales professionals. The successful candidate will be a strategic hands-on leader, a member of the Company’s executive team, and an active participant in the development of the Company’s strategies and priorities to enable the team to achieve its goals.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Define the account acquisition function to drive revenue growth and provide leadership within the sales organization to support the Company’s business objectives.
- Drive sales by developing new client relationships, generating new business and creating strategies to penetrate the marketplace. In line with all Company Directors, take personal responsibility for meeting annual revenue quotas to ensure overall team targets and KPI’s are met.
- Deploy superior prospecting and closing skills to meet and exceed an individual sales quota.
- Leverage your network of contacts, identifying and approaching prospective clients at the CIO/CTO level to gauge their fit as a client.
- Evaluate and distribute relevant incoming leads to sales team.
- Collaborate with delivery team to negotiate and ultimately close new engagements.
- Work with the Partners to define and implement annual budgets, revenue goals, sales incentives and compensation plans.
- Build and lead the business sales team, including staffing and organizing, to ensure optimal sales performance through training, mentorship and motivation.
- Develop and prescribe metrics-driven accountability and techniques to provide the basis for management decisions and controls.
- Work with clients and engagement teams to anticipate project risks, resolve issues, consistently meet deadlines and achieve client satisfaction.
- Conduct market research to include industry trends, background on potential clients and monitor the competitive marketplace.
- Completion and maintenance of territory and account business and pipeline plans.
- Lead preparation and presentation of the regular forecasts, including performance against plan with a focus on achieving / exceeding quotas.
- Partner with Company for organization review, talent review and succession planning; conduct periodic performance reviews in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Other responsibilities as mutually agreed with the Managing Partner.
- 10+ years of combined experience encompassing a hands-on direct sales and sales leadership background, with a minimum of 5+ years of recent experience selling and leading within a technology professional services firm (must have one or more of the following: custom software development, management consulting, or custom technology solutions consulting).
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close multiple six-figure deals, with a track record of hitting $500k annually.
- Established network of CIO and CTO contacts from mid and enterprise level companies.
- Proven ability to work in a small market technology firm (ideally <$50m, <50 employees), catering to mid and enterprise level clients.
- A history of effective multi-tasking, keeping track of projects and monitoring progress.
- Experience with Hubspot as a CRM preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Passion and drive to work alongside a highly successful, competent and technically savvy team.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, highly fluid and deadline driven environment.
- Solution-oriented mindset with the ability to solve complex problems with decisive decision making, proactively presenting recommendations and strategies to senior management.
- Passionate about sales and technology and skilled at leading teams through complex technology solution sales.
- Solid networking and relationship-building abilities with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain trust with strategic partners and customers.
- Possesses strong executive presence with positive interactions across all levels of management, staff and with external customers and stakeholders.