Location: Remote, | Job #:644 | Category: Sales- Operations/ Enablement
Our client is an award winning, systems management software company. They are looking to add a Presales Engineer to their rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll maximize sales opportunities by providing technical expertise and support to prospects, customers, partners, and the sales team. You’ll demonstrate how products can solve customer problems and produce referenceable accounts with positive brand awareness.
- Scope the technical solution required to address both buyer and user requirements, along with assessing met and unmet needs to optimize value.
- Obtain from the customer's technical team the commitments needed to ensure a technical close through advanced industry knowledge, technical skill, and credibility.
- Deliver business-focused presentations to executive teams by articulating how our technology can be used to solve business outcomes.
- Own technical engagement with customers and communicate our value, while working with potential customers through issues or concerns to develop and determine a successful outcome.
- Deliver a technical deep dive with the IT administrator and convey how these technical concepts can positively impact the business to the Director of IT.
- Partner with internal engineering and product teams to provide feedback regarding our product and the competitive landscape in order to continuously innovate and stay at the forefront of customer needs.
- Support and partner with Sales on all elements of the sales process including training, customer presentations, proposals, and technical reviews through the close of new business.
- Develop a deep understanding of product capabilities, integrations, configurations, and partner ecosystem.
- Stay informed of the competitive landscape.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, authenticity, collaboration, and ambitious innovation.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieves productivity and profitability quotas.
- Increase deal throughout.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes training objectives within assigned time frames.
- This position will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer with a dotted line to the VP, Sales.
- Works closely with incredible sales, marketing, and product teams
You will excel in this role if…
You care deeply about helping customers succeed while also meeting revenue targets. The majority of your time will be spent working closely with the sales, product, and marketing teams to understand buyer priorities, the challenge to solving them, and then showcasing how we can help our customers successfully manage the Microsoft collaboration suite such as Office 365.
- 5+ years of proven experience in Presales engineering roles within in the Microsoft collaboration space (Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Skype, and Office 365).
- Experience demonstrated in a previous technical delivery role (e.g. consultant) focused on Microsoft collaboration technologies (Exchange, AD, Office 365).
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in the B2B segment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and communicate regularly with clients.
- Proven technical skills with experience selling to IT clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to both highly technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A high degree of comfort speaking with technical administrators and IT management.
- Demonstrable planning and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
If you are a technical leader that can build customer relationships by using previous experiences as an Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange engineer then this is the role for you!