Location: Atlanta , Georgia | Job #:586 | Category: Sales- Business Development
Our client was founded in San Diego in the late ‘80s, after developing a unique and proprietary inspection system utilizing smart cameras and patented technology. Their clients span the globe, installing their systems in North America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. With a lean but highly technical and cutting edge team, their technology has continued to gain in stature through their in depth understanding of optics, lighting, and image processing, serving the rolled goods producers in the plastic film, non-woven, paper and metals markets.
This is a field-based B2B sales role, selling to industrial manufacturing companies primarily in the Southeast US. The Regional Sales Manager will sell our clients proprietary surface inspection systems directly to manufacturing companies producing plastic base film, coated and laminated films, metals and non-wovens. 70% new business development and 30% account management.
In this role, you will be…
- Maintain and build relationships with existing customers in North America by implementing a schedule of regular visits.
- Attend industry trade shows, trade association meetings and seminars to obtain sales leads
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction resulting in repeat orders and recommendations.
- Coordinate the resolution of system problems/issues faced by end users with engineering.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities.
- Travel 60% throughout the designated territory making field sales calls
- Research market and potential customers, keeping an awareness of developments within the market.
- Report activities on a weekly basis and ensure that the Sales Force CRM system is updated with details of all calls and quotes/proposals
- Meet regularly with President to review strategy and progress.
- Achieve agreed upon yearly and quarterly bookings goals
- Used to long sales cycle of 6-12 months.
You will exceed in this role if you possess…
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with negotiation and closing ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Experience & Knowledge:
- 3-5 years B2B sales, field sales experience
- Prior experience using a CRM and other databases to track activity, manipulate data and produce reports
- Prior work experience within technology hardware industry
- Experience in the rolled goods industry for plastic film, non-wovens, paper or metal a plus but not required
- Development of proposals and customer presentations
- Experience selling capital equipment to industrial end users highly desirable
- Knowledge of the application of machine vision and/or gauging systems to rolled goods inspection and process control a big plus