Location: Greater Northern CA, California | Job #:588 | Category: Sales- NonManagement
Today, thousands of clean rooms, critical areas and controlled environments all over the world are protected by our client's polymeric contamination control mats and flooring. They have clients in more than 50 countries spanning industries including pharmaceutical, bio-medical, aerospace, semi-conductors, data centers, automotive, packaging and food. Clients like Sony, GlaxoSmithKline, Roche, IBM, Intel, Pfizer, Rolls Royce, Honda and Heinz trust our commitment to quality, customer satisfaction and product innovation. It's a great brand to be an ambassador for!
The Territory Manager will be based in and around Northern California. It is expected that at least 80% of time will be spent travelling within assigned territory greater San Francisco area, Sacramento.
Purpose of Job:
This is a field-based B2B sales role, combining both missionary and competitive selling approaches. The Territory Manager will sell Dycem Contamination Control products directly to the end customer in industries like medical, technical and manufacturing.
- Maintain and build relationships with existing customers in assigned territory by implementing a schedule of regular visits.
- Achieve target call levels of 4 per day, 4 days per week through a combination of current customers and new prospects.
- Achieve agreed upon KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) on a monthly and yearly basis, including quote levels, closed sales levels and conversion ratios.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction resulting in repeat orders and recommendations.
- Resolve routine problems/issues faced by end users.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities.
- Travel extensively throughout the designated territory making field sales calls & providing training.
- Research market and potential customers, keeping an awareness of developments within the market.
- Attend trade shows, make presentations, and deliver seminars. This may require US and/or international travel.
- Report activities on a weekly basis and ensure that Goldmine contact management system is updated with details of all calls.
- Meet regularly with VP Sales to review strategy and progress.
- Attend quarterly meetings at hub office in Texas.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Full, clean US driver’s licence
Experience & Knowledge:
- 2-5 years B2B sales, field sales experience
- Missionary sales experience with the ability to sell at a technical level
- Prior experience using a contact management system and other databases to track activity, manipulate data and produce reports
- Prior work experience within the pharmaceutical, medical device, semiconductor, or contamination control industries preferred but not required
- Independent and autonomous working experience
- Drive and persistence
- Ability to present clear information, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal direction
- Comfortable communicating with a variety of customers
- Commercial and analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Able and willing to travel extensively within California and throughout the US as needed
Fluent in Spanish language a plus