Location: Solana Beach, California | Job #:641 | Category: Sales- Business Development
Vice President of Business Development
Identified as one of the top 100 fastest growing private businesses in San Diego by San Diego Business Journal, and one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately held companies in the United States, our client is a rapidly growing, people-driven Communication Information and Emerging Technology staffing and consulting firm headquartered in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for an ambitious, dedicated team player with the social and emotional intelligence to forge relationships, networks and coach and lead the consultative sales process for our client as a part of the leadership team. The successful candidate will work closely as an individual contributor to identify and pre-qualify prospective customers. The VPBD will secure signed contracts leveraging their personal experience and previous success as a sales top performer, reporting directly to, and working with the CEO. In addition to their passion for process, the successful candidate will have a genuine interest in developing relationships and promoting a culture of people-driven high performance, collaboration and innovation.
· Build a valuable and convertible pipeline by engaging potential mid-market customers through their buyer journey to create successful long-term client relationships.
· Conduct market research (social, online, LinkedIn) to identify best fit target accounts and individual buyers to pursue.
· Proactively engage with prospective clients on a daily basis through technical, company-specific and metric-driven presentations online, via phone and in person as appropriate.
· Utilize consultative sales techniques and thoroughly assess prospects’ current marketing initiatives, deficiencies, and opportunities for improvement to craft client-specific agreements that meet the unique needs of each prospect.
· Work in collaboration with the marketing team on lead generation, branding, and social media strategies.
· Research market trends, customer behavior and nationwide competitors to improve strategic advantage.
· Effectively communicate (speaking and listening) with potential customers, thinking on your feet, and overcoming objections to quickly establish credibility and build rapport.
· Support a retention culture by supporting all existing processes and strategizing new ways to retain great talent and support our overall engagement strategy.
· Entrepreneurial, self-starter, both strategic and tactical in nature
· Recent experience operating in an agile, fast paced, growth-focused service business
· Experience prospecting, closing, and billing both mid-market and Fortune 1000 customers in the Information Communication Technology and Emerging Technology space
· Hunter mentality with a proven track record of identifying, sourcing, connecting, and closing $100K+ deals on a consistent basis
· Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in business to business service-based sales
· Willingness to travel domestically roughly 25% of the time when possible
· BA/BS degree required
Skills and Abilities:
· Accountability: Use ROI and data analysis skills to assess current success and opportunities for improvement in all parts of the business, both personal and team. Be accountable to all results and processes.
· Communication: Well-spoken and articulate; your written communication is diligent and clear. You are an assertive communicator and your message is well received no matter what the circumstance.
· Time management: Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and achieve key objectives within time guidelines. You support the team in meeting their deadlines and objectives.
· Professional development: Intrinsic drive to grow and be better in your position and level up those around you. You want to be coach and support the development of others as well as yourself. You empower others to be their best.
· Interpersonal skills: Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, key decision makers, and other stakeholders. Increase value of current customers while attracting new ones.
· Change orientation: Ability to self-reflect and help others work through a change environment. Positive attitude. Application of pre-planned framework execution for change initiatives.
· Leadership: Coach. You support development and actively participate in conflict resolution to ensure team unanimity. You are a leader in the organization as a whole.
· Planning and organization: Expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing and ensuring all needs are met. You keep calm even when there's a lot to do.
· Core value centric: Embody, manage, and coach on core values.
· Emotional Intelligence: Empathetic and emotionally focused. Emotional awareness guides your behaviors and thinking. Confront non-confirming behaviors and coach for improvement on your team and with your candidates.
· Problem Solving: Support development of problem-solving skills in our organization. Actively participate in brainstorming and give feedback and suggestions on ideas in all parts of the business.
· Integrity: Hold yourself accountable to maintaining integrity and building team and individual integrity in all situations.
· Networking and Community Involvement: You participate in team activities, lead the charge and model what's expected and give your time to support company initiatives both in and out of the office.
· Attention to detail: Set expectations around detail orientation, support maintenance and highest level of attention, intention and execution.