Location: Boca Raton, Florida | Job #:625 | Category: Marketing- VP Marketing/ CMO
This position is located in Boca Raton, FL. and not open to remote employees must be able to relocate or be in drive market.
Are you a marketing leader with a proven track record of inbound marketing success? Then read on.
Our client is a specialized insurance agency taking a disruptive approach to providing cyber insurance to middle market companies ($30 - $300M in gross revenue). Contrary to typical insurance agencies, our client will not employ a producer model to drive sales. Instead, we will use the proven methods of inbound marketing to educate and nurture sales leads as they progress through the customer journey. Marketing efforts will target C-level executives with balance sheet responsibility. Cyber-threats present an existential risk to middle market companies – a single data breach could put many companies out of business. . Many C-level executives understand cyber-threats only from a cyber-security perspective, which often times includes complex and excessive expenditures for IT systems and security. Our goal is to inform and educate C-level executives about the posibile catastrophic financial consequences of a cyber-attack, and how cyber security is necessary – but not nearly enough to truly mitigate cyber risks. Only an approach to cyber risk management that includes cyber insurance is the best way to ensure survival.
The Vice President of Inbound Marketing is the tip of the spear for all Inbound Marketing, as well as the key interface for coordination and collaboration with sales through close work with the Vice President of Sales. Cyber Insurance is currently a “make-market” where prospective clients are not informed about the risks they face or the solution that cyber insurance provides. The Vice President of Inbound Marketing will be responsible for all aspects of the lead generation process. Oversight and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, website creation and management, creation of value-add content offerings, creation and management of digital platform (LinkedIn & Twitter) ad campaigns, AB/split testing of all aspects of such campaigns, reporting mechanisms and cadences, metrics-based decisions, budget creation for advertising and marketing, performance targets, and input on hiring and training of creatives, lead development personnel and sales personnel.
All content, including ads, landing pages, calls-to-action, white papers, webinars, videos and infographics must be in easy-to-understand, layman’s terms which will resonate with executives and result in action.
Sales are done virtually, using email, text or phone calls - with the goal of engaging all prospects and customers in virtual meetings using Zoom. Our client has found that developing personal relationships with clients is just as possible in virtual meetings as it is in face-to-face meetings. Our goal is to establish personal relationships with our clients and to be their friendly, professional advisors on cyber risk management and cyber insurance.
In order for sales personnel to be able to develop relationships with prospective clients, marketing must present value-added offers for which C-level executives are willing to trade their contact information. Compelling content MUST be put in front of the right target audience to generate leads.
Leads generated by inbound marketing activities must be nurtured to become Sales Qualified Leads (SQL). At this point, sales personnel will work directly with potential clients to effectively address their cyber risks through cyber insurance and risk management.
Our client seeks someone with a strong inbound marketing background, strong understanding of sales, particularly inside sales. Experience in technology and / or cyber insurance is not required but service based B2B marketing experience is ideal. The Vice President of Inbound Marketing will be charged with leading, training and managing the content creation team and other marketing personnel to reach revenue targets.
Our inbound approach requires close collaboration and continuous process refinement between marketing, lead nurturing, sales and customer satisfaction. We combine process automation with best-practice techniques in our end-to-end methodology. Instead of traditional high-pressure commission driven compensation, we use a more predictable system of lead generation, nurturing, and sales – where collaboration toward company revenue goals take precedence.
Client retention and policy renewal also play a key role in achievement of revenue targets. Cyber risk is an ever-evolving threat surface that middle market companies face. Our client aims to always be THE source of straight-forward cyber risk information for the C-Level decision makers. Our client intends, through layman-tailored information and education, to enable our clients to effectively manage cyber risks to protect their companies from financial ruin. The Vice President of Inbound Marketing will also oversee effective use of content to keep existing clients informed. Long-term client satisfaction is our top priority.
The Vice President of Inbound Marketing will be a senior leader in the organization and have direct input to the executive management committee, literally and figuratively having a seat at the table and influence over the strategic direction of the company. The ideal candidate is analytical, accountable, and has managed others through inspiration and innovation. For a motivated individual, this position provides the opportunity for major advancement.
All aspects of Inbound Marketing, including but not limited to:
- Campaign planning, creation & execution
- Advertising on digital platforms
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content and/or In-mail
- Twitter or other platforms as needed
- Metrics, A/B testing & analysis via HubSpot and other platforms
- Hiring, training, and management of best-in-class creatives to develop Calls-To-Action, Landing Pages and Content Offerings including white papers, videos, webinars, infographics and other media
- Development and engagement of target markets, including continual refinement of buyer personas and verticals
- Overall budgets for advertising and marketing
- Creation and Management of clear timelines, targets and performance metrics
- 10+ years of experience in B2B marketing, with at least 4+ years specifically in Inbound Marketing
- Proven track record of building high-performance marketing team management and leadership
- Excellence in cross-functional collaboration, process improvement and workflow development
- Independent and self-directed; takes action with minimal direction or supervision
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and business-related technology skills
- Exceptional ability to understand and develop client relationships: Excellent and proven ability to communicate with and market effectively to Middle Market C-level Executives
- Ability to learn new systems, processes and procedures rapidly and teach/instruct on same
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively with the capacity to provide pragmatic solutions
- Track record of coaching, mentoring, training and goal achievement
- Strong knowledge of inbound sales, predictable revenue, lead development, and team revenue goals (as opposed to individual sales quotas)
- Fully knowledgeable and effective with Office 365
- Insurance background a plus but not required
- Knowledge of B2B service based subscription sale ideal. Technology sector a plus
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment in which complex products, concepts and ideas must be presented simply, clearly and concisely