Location: La Jolla, California | Job #:589 | Category: Marketing- Product Development
Vice President of Biology Product Management
Our client is a procurement organization with a core customer base in the US and Europe. They work directly with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies to streamline the searching and purchasing of life-science reagents from its growing portfolio of suppliers and product lines. The chemistry product lines of our client’s company are well established, and they are now focusing on developing their biological reagent product lines to meet the increasing demand of the customer. They are seeking a Vice President of Biology Product Management whom will have an extraordinary opportunity, translating their own biology research experience into activities to make life science reagents available to all biologists working in the biopharmaceutical industry. Our client is seeking an individual experienced in creating and selling biology products to lead the development of the product lines, our strategy and the customer experience.
Core activities include:
- Working in close collaboration with other departments, including sales, software development, operations, finance and legal to develop the go to market strategy for biology products.
- Creating a product development strategy to support the development of new products intended for use in the biopharmaceutical drug discovery industry.
- Providing internal and external scientific and technical leadership for biology projects and products
- Developing market and opportunity assessments based on key insights from primary and secondary research to create a clear and actionable biology product roadmap.
- Delivering on the launch of new life science reagents (such as antibodies, aptamers and cell lines) for the global market.
- Independently set priorities aligned with department goals and manage time to meet the changing demands which accompany the simultaneous pursuit of multiple projects.
- Guiding near-term launch strategy and execution in partnership with other key cross functional colleagues (i.e. Senior leadership team, Sales, R&D, Finance, Legal etc.) and all affiliate markets and develop long-term strategies to maximize the potential of the product globally, focusing on large biopharmaceutical clients.
- Leading commercial pre-launch and launch teams in developing a go to market strategy (positioning, messaging, distribution, pricing, launch sequence, etc.)
- Using their experience to make sound business decisions and provide the needed recommendations to key stakeholders throughout the organization to achieve overall goals.
- Providing guidance and input into all biology products within the company, forecasting for all biology products, conducting commercial assessments for target markets and analyzing internal and external opportunities of strategic interest.
- Cultivation of strategic relationships with third parties which can be used to enhance or develop the products within the company.
- Ph.D. in Biology (biochemistry, molecular biology, etc.) with relevant experience in biological research or relevant scientific experience to include Drug Discovery
- Minimum 5 years of experience in New Product Development, Sales, Strategic Marketing, in life science tools or Biotech, Pharma industries.
- A self-starter with strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to adapt effectively to changing priorities.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management and functions and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable working in an environment with ambiguity and shifting assumptions.
- Detailed and structured thought process with the ability and deliver high quality results.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Up to 30% travel, US and Global