Our Field Sales Representative responsibilities include presenting our products and services to potential clients, identifying specific consumer characteristics, and recommending ways to promote and sell our products. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication abilities and be highly motivated to meet sales goals.
Ultimately, you will help us grow our customer base and establish our reputation in your assigned region.
SUMMARY OF CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
May include some or all of the following specific duties:
- Present, promote and sell products/services using various sales methods
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Report on sales results, and provide feedback to management using financial and statistical data as relevant
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling or follow through on sales leads
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Answer customer questions about features, pricing, and additional services
- Cross-sell products, when appropriate
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Work with sales channels to drive business and support end customer, as appropriate to assigned territory
- Stay educated on territory and market trends
- Keep abreast of best practices
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Maintains regular work schedule and is free from excessive absenteeism or tardiness
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Internal and External Relationship and Level of Interaction:
- Internal: Medium level of interaction with staff across all departments
- External: High level of interaction with customer contacts in varying roles (procurement, scientific roles, etc.) as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or experience:
- BS Degree Chemistry or Life Sciences
- 3+yr Proven sales experience with biopharma account base
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, negotiation, and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and driven
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce or the like)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Above average computer skills
Communicates Effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, in groups, or with different styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others; adjusts communication to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization.
Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; acts with the customer's best interests in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Planning & Organizational Skills: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; tracks information in a useful manner; evaluates results. Uses time effectively and efficiently and focuses on the most important priorities. Strong focus on details and follow through; has well-developed organization and time/project management skills
Resourcefulness: Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates financial prudence. Marshals people, funding, material, support, to get things done. Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal; utilizes knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to get the most out of limited resources. Ability to remain flexible and positive during times of change and fast growth
Teamwork: Accountable for own actions, demonstrating transparency and responsibility to follow through on deliverables and support the team.
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
- Ability to work at a desk in an open office environment
- Ability to work at a computer terminal for an extended period
- Flexibility with schedule as needed due to the nature of this role; hours will be defined, but might vary by day to accommodate direct customer or internal communications
- Travel as needed for events and meetings
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Specific requirements include:
- Answering or making calls on the telephone for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Using a keyboard to perform research, and to communicate through written means for sometimes long and continuous periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs.