Account Director – CPG (Remote)
Our client brings a set of truly unique opportunities in digital marketing. Through exclusive supply and technology partnerships with industry leaders like Media.net, MSN and others, they provide customers with the ability to buy directly with greater transparency and increased control across one of the world’s largest high-quality publisher ecosystems. Their product offerings aren’t available anywhere else – they are innovative and groundbreaking for ROI focused marketers across the high-volume channels of Search, Native and Performance Display. Their deeply experienced and dedicated team of industry professionals works closely with advertising and Agency partners to drive high performance across their digital media spend.
The Team and Role
We are a Sales team in the truest sense – lead with data & insights, motivated, competitive and at the same time highly supportive of each other. Our culture is fueled by collaboration and great camaraderie across our sales and leadership team. Our goal is to build a best-in-class sales team that drives results by aligning digital media solutions to advertiser business needs. For this role, we are looking for a highly skilled sales professional whose focus is on engaging and acquiring high potential advertisers for the CPG category, and subsequently persuading them to incorporate our range of products across Search, Native, and Display.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire and develop new business for the CPG category.
- Develop strategic sales plan for growth and development of the CPG category.
- Serve as a trusted online media consultant to senior marketing decision makers, enterprise marketers, agency partners.
- Pitch new business to direct advertisers and agency contacts, consistently educate clients on products, technology and services.
- Proactively provide smart client research and industry specific information.
- Exceed sales revenue quotas; effectively manage an individual quarterly sales goal.
- Ensure that our advertisers receive the highest level of sales, service and operational support.
- Drive the RFP process; execute and deliver high quality solutions.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams (client services, account management, ad operations) to drive revenue growth for new and existing clients.
- 5-8 years of proven digital ad sales experience with an established vertical focus in the CPG category.
- Established relationships with one or more of the following CPG brands either direct or via agency: P&G, Church and Dwight, Nestle, Unilever, General Mills, and GNC.
- Proven track record of success in tech/advertising/media sales, impacting revenue growth for CPG through the development of long-term strategic partnerships.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of CPG specific trends and landscape.
- Self-motivated and self-directed work ethic with the ability to work independently and under pressure, as well as be highly responsive to clients and internal sales teams.
- Must be client-obsessed and focused on providing high quality consultation and support.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from prospect to close.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to articulate value added proposals with a strong understanding of digital and contextual advertising.
- Strong understanding of how to position products against competitors.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player that excels in working in a highly collaborative work culture.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with a strong client centric.
- 30-40% travel required to interface with clients and internal team members.
Anticipated compensation range: $120k-$250k