Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Our client is a globally recognized designer and manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products.
As a growing company in an expanding market, our client is looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO) who has strong leadership skills and the ability to translate strategy into actionable plans that drive optimal operations and productivity to deliver best in class products in the Clean Mobility Industry. In this newly created role, the successful candidate will report to the CEO and possess:
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Collaborate with CEO in setting and driving organizational vision and operations strategy.
- The ability to understand the underlying product technology and end applications in the context of planning business activities and synchronizing teams (engineering, supply chain and manufacturing) to meet critical product development and/or field deployment requirements.
- A personality that blends confidence and resolve while welcoming input from peers and front line workers alike.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Align engineering, manufacturing, operations and supply chain efforts based on deployment and client qualification requirements.
- Align supply chain and internal operations to better fit the business model.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas for process enhancement.
- Lead the development, refinement, and implementation of efficient and streamlined operational processes across the organization.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, ensuring that processes are scalable and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Direct short-term and long-term planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Own and optimize vendor evaluation and relationships, logistics, inventory, purchasing and planning.
- Prepare detailed analysis and communicate status reports on the business for executive and board meetings.
Skills, Experience, Abilities, Education:
- BS degree in Engineering, Science or other 4-year technical degree in a related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, R&D and manufacturing operations with a leadership role in a mid-sized organization ($40m-$100m) focused on design/manufacture of complex engineered systems and products.
- Experience with steel fabrication, and electrical manufacturing.
- A strong technical foundation, with knowledge of engineering design, technology maturation and integration, reliability improvements, manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and lean manufacturing.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills having directly overseen teams of 6-10 and total employee base of 70+.
- A proven ability to drive the implementation and adoption of a new ERP system.
- A unique mix of business, management and engineering experience with proficiency in practices, policies and procedures in our industry.
- Ability to thrive and pivot in high-performing culture.
- Demonstrated history of doing more with less in a fluid and agile environment where resourcefulness is applauded
- Global mindset and customer focus – Initiative / Enthusiasm / Passion.
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
Anticipated compensation between $225-275k base + bonus, 401K with company match, health benefits, stock options.