Chief Operations Officer (Relocation Available)
Our leading national automotive client is looking for a COO that will serve as a “thought partner” to the CEO, focusing on building, executing, overseeing and monitoring the effective roll-out of the new brand and strategic initiatives. As the company launches the next evolution of their brand the successful candidate will be charged with demonstrating their sustained adaptability and proven ability to operate in a fluid environment. Moreover, this position will have overall responsibility for the achievement of all sales volume targets and will oversee and direct the design and implementation of sales motivation programs and customer-dealer satisfaction programs.
Reporting directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer (COO) will establish a positive, constructive and collaborative working partnership with all leaders and functions. The position is directly accountable for the financial well-being of US division including the coordination of sales operations and sales, marketing and marketing operations, service and after sales functions, as well as strategic oversight in partnership with the North America CEO over vehicle sales, accessory sales, fleet and remarketing sales, new/used car marketing, accessory marketing, after sales, press/public relations and customer service.
The COO will make a significant impact on the business, balancing their time developing and implementing strategic initiatives, with leveraging their “hands-on” approach to engaging and mentoring the team to deliver consistent results. Specifically, the COO will be tasked with achieving an increase in market share, overseeing the improvement of residual and purchasing values and ratios, strengthening and maintenance of an excellent dealer network relationship, assessment of all external marketing agencies used, discharge and conduct to an acceptable level all legal and fiduciary duties, and establishing cordial and effective working relationships with the heads of prime functions.
The COO will bring a mindset of innovation, adaptability, creativity, and progressive thinking, driving the expansion and footprint of the brand nationwide. Serving as the CEOs right hand person, the COO will employ a “servant leadership” mentality, remaining actively engaged with all facets of the organization to drive performance and growth, including across the 5 sales regions. Operating effectively in a metric-driven yet employee-centric and inclusive culture that rewards intellectual pushback and doesn’t shy away from productive conflict, the COO will seize on the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the brand.
- Working with and under the direction of the CEO to identify, establish and ultimately drive the strategic direction and overall success by directing and coaching leadership across the organization. Ensures objectives are achieved throughout all business groups.
- Serving as an innovative thought partner to the CEO, offering unique perspectives and market-driven insights and guidance based in real-time market trends
- Oversees the execution of key activities to be undertaken by each department in support of implementing a global electrification strategy and the roll out of a new electrical vehicle line.
- Personally involves him/herself in following the latest market trends surrounding the transition to an EV-centric product line combined with a burgeoning emphasis on mobility products and services, PBVs and autonomous vehicles
- Maintains a rapport with and improve communications across the dealer network to increase confidence, maximize opportunities and increase potential volume sales within relevant markets, spanning both legacy and new product lines
- Provides detailed and real-time analysis of the existing dealer network, making recommendations to improve performance.
- Develops company-wide policies and ensures overall policy adherence. Establishes overall organizational, managerial, and accountability structures for responsible areas.
- Provides company-wide leadership in communicating organizational values, vision and culture that encourages agility, sustainability and creativity with a commitment to fostering a culture of belonging through diversity, inclusiveness and recognition
- BA or BS degree required
- An advanced degree or MBA degree is preferred
Overall Related Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years’ recent executive level leadership experience within an Automotive OEM.
- Proven ability to balance strategic and tactical activities, focusing on achieving regional and corporate goals and metrics
- Passion for driving innovation and creativity in a mature automotive business
- Demonstrated proficiency in pushing back and questioning status quo
- History of operating in an environment where expectations are high, collaboration is expected, and being “hands-on” is required
- Commitment to a servant leadership management style that invites feedback, pushback and engagement from all team members
- Confidence and professionalism to collaborate with team members across the entire organization, up and down the org chart
- Career that spans sales, marketing and operations, rather than engineering or other technical functions
- This individual will be called upon to develop strategies and execute tactics when “time is of the essence,” and must have exceptional problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Highly articulate with a data-driven approach to presenting ideas and market intelligence
- Customer and market-centered mindset with the desire to stay ahead of the curve
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with a commitment to gathering data to support positions and guidance
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fluid and fast paced environment
- Polished, persuasive presentation skills