Director of Human Resources (Relocation Available)
Our best-in-class national automotive client, recognized for outstanding quality, dependability, and innovation, is seeking an experienced Human Resources executive. This role will plan, lead, direct, develop and coordinate the policies, activities and staff of the Human Resources and General Affairs departments while working cross functionally with DEI/Social Responsibility in support of national company strategic objectives. This highly visible position will report directly to the CEO and will lead a direct team of 6 and total team size of 18.
In addition to being a growing, forward-thinking automotive brand, the company prides itself on its collaborative and inclusive culture. As a result, the HR function is strategically critical in helping to promulgate this culture as well as measure and uphold performance in such areas.
Human Resources (70%)
Talent acquisition/retention, recruiting, performance management programs, compensation and career path programs, learning and development, internal communications and change management, inter-company cultural training and assistance, company engagement, company culture, payroll, employee benefit programs, employee development, employee recognition, employee relations, pandemic associated hybrid work policies, HRIS, re-organizations and assisting the executive team as required regarding organization development and succession planning. 2 Direct Reports, 13 total team members.
- HR Talent: Human Resources Business Partners, Human Resources Generalists and Recruiters responsible for all front end/client facing components of full team member journey. This also includes support and management of COVID specific resources and pandemic related matters and work policies.
- HR Operations: benefits, compensation, payroll, HRIS
- Learning & Culture: learning and development for individual contributors through executives, employee engagement and recognition, internal communications, and change management around large programs (e.g., brand transformation/internationalization)
General Affairs (30%)
This includes facilities management throughout the US, corporate administration and events including team member meetings, and all ancillary team member support including mailroom, physical security, gym, café, and company provided phones. 2 Direct Reports and 4 total team members.
- Facilities and Business Continuity Planning for all US locations
- Management of affiliate relationships and services in support of building and facilities management
- Corporate Administration
- Team member meetings and events
- Mailroom including AV support
- Café including meeting and event support
- Gym (currently closed due to pandemic)
- Cell phones management
- Travel vendor management
- Partner with the executive team, department managers, and other key employees to support business objectives with measurable results through performance of the functional responsibilities of the position.
- Serve as a trusted and strategic advisor to executives and managers at all levels. Provide team and individual coaching to optimize performance.
- Work cross functionally with corporate internal and external DEI and Social Responsibility team members to support DEI activities in alignment with company objectives.
- Develop and manage employee and manager training as well as mentorship programs in order to develop high-value company capabilities.
- Serve as a performance consultant to identify business needs, assess performance gaps, and develop and deliver solutions that lift performance from a human capital perspective.
- Manage and enhance established company HR programs, policies, and procedures. Stay current on business situations and HR market trends, laws, and best practices.
- Provide senior management with information updates and proposed changes regarding HR strategy, policy, programs, procedures, and communication on a regular basis.
- Work with team members to implement functional improvements as directed/decided by the executive team.
- Proactively monitor employee benefit programs to ensure offerings are competitive in the market as well as cost effective for the Company. Develop and implement other retention programs and actions to ensure retention of key employees.
- Successfully deploy, optimize, and maintain new systems to support Company and HR objectives.
- Direct and manage subordinate personnel and other department resources as available.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's in business administration and PHR certification preferred.
- 10+ years of HR experience, including 5+ years of supervisory/management experience in a company with a minimum revenue of $750m.
- Experience working in a national capacity overseeing staff in a minimum of 30-40 states.
- Broad experience in a variety of HR and non-HR functional area disciplines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations, and build partnerships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Strong comprehension for understanding needs/concerns and developing/applying solutions.
- Strong innovation skills to customize or implement solutions to problems and craft new solutions in creative ways.
- Proven experience in orchestrating change in organizations.
- Strong planning and implementation skills to ensure programs and policies successfully support business objectives and initiatives.
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, coach, mentor, discipline and reward employees.
- Analytical orientation with strong ability to develop and use metrics to justify business cases, align HR activities with corporate goals, and assess and justify the performance of programs.
- Experience and strong skills in a flat organizational structure, with direct visibility to executive leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in delivering valuable results.