Director of Human Resources (Relocation Available)
Our best-in-class global automotive client is seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources to be responsible for the implementation of HR strategic direction in coordination with the VP of HR and Admin Services.
The HR Director will be responsible for overseeing the company’s national Human Resources activities, including talent acquisition/retention, recruiting, performance management programs, compensation and career path programs, organizational development, total rewards programs, employee benefits, HRIS, organizational development, succession planning, training, employee relations, and corporate travel.
- HR Operations (40%)
- Talent Acquisition (30%)
- Talent Management (20%)
- Total Rewards (10%)
This will be a high impact position that blends tactical execution (70%) with strategic creativity (30%). This role will have direct visibility to the executive leadership team. This position will report to the VP of HR and Admin Services and manage four direct reports and an indirect team of 22. This position is required to be in office 4 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop organizational strategies and provide oversight and direction in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Serve as a trusted and strategic advisor to executives and department leaders to support the goals and vision of the company.
- Review organization on a bi-annual basis for organizational changes and management rotations.
- Provide team and individual coaching to optimize performance and develop staff.
- Plan and manage training programs as well as mentorship programs to develop high value company capabilities.
- Utilize the diverse talents of the staff by efficiently managing staff’s time, materials, and budget.
- Assess performance gaps and deliver solutions to lift organizational performance.
- Lead and enhance established company HR programs, policies, and procedures.
- Handle ad hoc requests from global headquarters and affiliated companies.
- Maintain Human Resources budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and SPHR certification preferred.
- 15 years of HR experience, with at least five plus years of management experience, with working knowledge of all traditional disciplines within HR. Experience in labor relations is preferred.
- Experience working in a multistate and/or global corporation with 700+ employees.
- Experience in automotive or manufacturing required.
- Organized, communicative, can effectively delegate and follow-up.
- Experience with SAP Success Factors preferred.
- Functional knowledge of MS Word, Excel and office e-mail systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer: Clearly recognizes the needs of both internal and external customers, and promotes a customer driven corporate culture to provide the best quality and impeccable service.
- Challenge: Refuses to be complacent, embraces every opportunity for challenge, and is confident in achieving set objectives with unwavering passion and ingenious thinking.
- Collaboration: Through mutual trust, shares directions and actively cooperates with other departments and external partners, to leverage synergies.
- People: Recognizes individual capabilities and their contribution to the development of the organization and exerts maximum effort to utilize capabilities with fairness and respect.
- Globality: Acts as a respected global corporate citizen, with integrity, and acceptance of diverse cultures and customs, and develops global competence and professionalism to world class standards.
- Strategic Thinking: Ensures consistent and optimized results through a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s work processes, predicting task outcomes and taking decisions in line with organizational direction.
- Drive Performance: Enhances commitment, fosters development and maximizes performance of the Division/Corporation Members through creation of a positive work environment, and examination of improvement points.
- Networking: Internal and external relationships, effectively promotes cooperation and exchanges within the organization.
- Decision Making: Analyzes current issues and identifies areas for improvement, and based on related information selects the best option through appropriate decision-making process, taking full responsibility for resultant outcomes.
Anticipated compensation range $225k-$350k