Apply for this position
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
Ecommerce Director (Remote)
Location: Santa Fe Springs California | Job # 698 | Category: Sales- Management
Our client is a global leader in security monitoring, consumer electronics and security-centric solutions for the smart homes and businesses.
The eCommerce Director will accelerate the client’s ecommerce business globally in partnership with regional VP’s. The responsibilities include building strategic and tactical plans to increase visitors, improve conversion rates, optimize the shopping experience and manage margin performance. This position is a hands-on role to ensure the client’s product range, promotional activity and digital assets on customer-facing websites drive business sales and profit objectives.
- Achieve ecommerce sales and margin targets globally by implementing strategies and initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, retention, revenue, and profitability via client.com and key online retailers.
- Drive sales growth with the client.com, Ebay, Amazon, market places, affiliates and key online retailers in North America by developing and implementing a clear go-to-market strategy that sustainably grows the client’s market share, profit and minimizes channel conflict. Provide leadership in consultation with regional teams to ensure customized strategies are employed internationally to achieve business objectives.
- Lead e-commerce business planning through annual budget preparation, ongoing forecasting, and results analysis. Optimize execution and learning through ongoing testing and adjustments of product presentation/offers, bundles and promotions.
- Partner with Marketing team (content) to ensure the client’s internet stores provide an optimal customer experience via design and aesthetics, content, merchandising, navigation, information architecture, branding, performance and functionality.
- Manage the client’s global e-marketing strategy with the Agency partner to deliver effective online campaigns including SEO, SEM, PPC, EDMs, promotions, customer-specific activity, social media, affiliates, loyalty programs etc to grow sales, drive traffic, increase conversion rates and AOVs, and enhance brand loyalty.
- Oversee implementation of technical infrastructure, including programming, database administration (Big Commerce, SAP integration, etc) and web design, as applied to day-to-day content updates and other improvements.
- Provide leadership and hands-on support to regional sales teams to ensure ecommerce strategy is successfully aligned with channel strategy and ongoing account management, pricing, promotions etc. at online customers.
- Provide thought leadership across the business by keeping up to date with evolving online media and technology trends, and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits
- Develop strategy for regional market development to determine other geographic regions the client could sell to via client.com (e.g. CA, MX, EU, NZ etc.)
- Develop and manage an ecommerce (‘dashboard’) reporting tool that shows the business how we are performing in terms of online sales and other metrics each week
- Manage the client’s ecommerce suppliers/vendors to determine ongoing requirements and maximize ROI, potentially including SEM agencies, dotdigital, Rakuten, Radial, Channel Advisor, Hubspot, Power Digital, BazaarVoice etc
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have:
- At least seven years of ecommerce sales and marketing experience managing ecommerce/website development
- Knowledge of SEM best practices including Google Adwords, pay per click, display, retargeting and product listing ad campaigns and social media platforms.
- Ability to compile and analyze search data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction and ROI
- Internet marketing best practices that result in customer acquisition, retention and growth
- People-management skills with the ability to develop cross-functional and international relationships and lead by example
- Financial skills with an understanding of cost, price, margin, inventory, budgeting, forecasting etc and the impact they have on profit
- Project management skills with the ability to specify technical changes and brief technical/development teams
- An in-depth understanding of search engines, SEO and factors that influence high rankings in Google
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics)
- Experience managing technical infrastructure with knowledge of Bid Commerce, SAP and associated plug-ins, a plus
- Ability to perform click-through rate, conversion, spend and creative analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities
- Proactive, determined and assertive leader with strong customer service orientation, planning and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of international consumer electronics retailing in key markets, especially North America a plus.