Executive Director of Sales
Our client is a fast-growing technology solutions provider that develops custom solutions and provides software development for mid and enterprise level clients to enhance business performance.
Reporting to the Managing Partner and working with other executive team members, the Executive Director of Sales is a strategic hands-on leader, a member of the Company’s executive team, and an active participant in the development of the Company’s strategies and priorities to enable the Company to achieve its goals. Working in or traveling regularly to the SoCal based HQ, the successful candidate will spend approximately 65% of their time managing, mentoring, and building a team, including the enhancement of team metrics, KPIs, and market positioning. The additional 35% of your time will be spent in front of clients and prospects, closing inbound leads and leveraging your network to secure new engagements.
Specifically, you will make an impact by…
- Working with the Partners to define and implement annual budgets, revenue goals, sales incentives and compensation plans.
- Building and lead the business sales team, including staffing and organizing, to ensure optimal sales performance through training, mentorship and motivation.
- Developing and prescribing metrics-driven accountability and techniques to provide the basis for management decisions and controls.
- Driving sales by developing new client relationships, generating new business and creating strategies to penetrate the marketplace. Take responsibility for monthly sales results holding an individual quota and ensuring team targets and KPI’s are met.
- Understanding clients’ business drivers and strategies and building relationships with client key executives and decision makers to properly position the Company, its services and capabilities.
- Working with clients and engagement teams to anticipate project risks, resolve issues, consistently meet deadlines and achieve client satisfaction.
- Preparing and managing overall marketing strategy consistent with Company’s short and long-term goal.
- Conducting market research to include industry trends, background on potential clients and monitoring the competitive marketplace staying abreast of industry changes and trends, as well as gathering market/competitor intelligence that translates into effective positioning of the Company.
- Completing and maintaining territory and account business and pipeline plans.
- Leading preparation and presentation of the regular forecasts, including performance against plan with a focus on achieving / exceeding quotas.
- Partnering with Company for organization review, talent review and succession planning; conduct periodic performance reviews in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Other responsibilities as mutually agreed with the Managing Partner.
You will thrive in this role if you possess…
- 10+ years of progressively senior sales leadership experience focused on outside sales in technology professional services (must have one or more of the following: software development, management consulting, or technology solutions consulting).
- A track record of selling to and networking with of CIO and CTO contacts from mid and enterprise level companies.
- A demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals in excess of $500k annually.
- A consistent history of effectively work on multiple tasks, keeping track of projects and monitoring progress.
- Experience with Hubspot as a CRM preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Your Personal Attributes will align with our culture if you have…
- A passion and drive to work alongside a highly successful, competent and technically savvy team.
- The proven ability to operate in a fast paced, highly fluid and deadline driven environment.
- A solution-oriented mindset with the ability to solve complex problems with the confidence and credibility to make complex decisions
- A deep passion for sales and technology and skilled at leading teams through complex technology solution sales.
- Solid networking and relationship-building abilities with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain trust with strategic partners and customers.
- Strong executive presence with positive interactions across all levels of management, staff and with external customers and stakeholders.