Industry Lead – Sales CPG (Remote)
Our client brings a unique set of capabilities in digital marketing, offering exclusive supply and technology advertising partnerships through their “walled garden” platform that empowers customers to make direct purchases with enhanced transparency and control across one of the world’s largest high-quality publisher ecosystems. Their offerings, unparalleled in the market, are revolutionary for ROI-focused marketers across high-volume channels like Search, Native, and Performance Display. Their highly experienced team is dedicated to collaborating closely with advertising and agency partners to optimize digital media spend.
The Team and Role:
As part of our dynamic Sales team, you’ll lead with data and insights, fostering a culture of collaboration and camaraderie. We are growing and building a top-notch sales team dedicated to aligning digital media solutions with advertiser business needs.
In this role, we’re seeking a skilled sales professional focused on the strategy and execution of acquiring high-potential advertisers in the CPG category. This role will help define and drive strategic sales strategies to acquire enterprise CPG market makers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire and develop new business for the CPG category.
- Develop a strategic sales plans for the growth and development of the CPG category.
- Serve as a trusted online media consultant to senior marketing decision-makers, enterprise marketers, and agency partners.
- Pitch new business to direct advertisers and agency contacts, consistently educating clients on products, technology, and services, including the unique advantages for enterprise CPG market makers.
- Exceed sales revenue quotas; effectively manage an individual quarterly sales goal.
- Ensure our advertisers receive the highest level of sales, service, and operational support.
- Drive the RFP process; execute and deliver high-quality solutions tailored to the needs of enterprise CPG companies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (client services, account management, ad operations) to drive revenue growth for new and existing clients in the enterprise CPG market.
- 5-8 years of proven digital ad sales experience.
- Established relationships with enterprise CPG companies such as P&G, Unilever, Nestle, General Mills, etc.
- Proven track record of success in tech/advertising/media sales, specifically impacting revenue growth for enterprise CPG companies through long-term strategic partnerships.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related field preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of CPG-specific trends and landscape.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and under pressure, providing high-quality consultation and support to clients and internal teams.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from prospect to close.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills, with the capability to articulate value-added proposals.
- Strong understanding of positioning products against competitors.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, focused on a client-centric approach.
- Ability to travel 20-30% to interface with clients and internal team members.
Anticipated compensation range of $150k-$175k base salary with on target earrings $250k+, uncapped commissions and 100% company paid health benefits.