Our client has been a leader in the medical device sector for more than 50 years. A trusted leader in the field of designing, manufacturing and distributing medical products, they rely on a combination of wholesale distributors and direct sales to maintain their leading industry position across the U.S.
· Partner with a globally recognized industry leader and an experienced board to aggressively enhance the finance, accounting, cash flow and operational processes
· Capitalize on your track record of success in a manufacturing environment to lead both U.S. (approximately 20 employees) and Mexico (approximately 55 employees) operations
· Reignite the innovation and growth mentality within a 50+ year industry leader
· Leverage your strategic acumen to identify opportunities for streamlining the financial and operational processes
· Employ your leadership and interpersonal skills to challenge the status quo while leveraging the company’s history of success
Reporting directly to and serving as a “thought partner” to the CEO, in addition to working with the international board, the President will impact the future of the organization by leading the financial and operations teams, overseeing customer service and providing strategic leadership to the head of sales and marketing. Specifically, this newly created position will have a focus on the company’s financial and operational well-being, positive cash flow management, cost savings, budgeting, forecasting, and dashboard reporting.
The President will be charged with achieving financial efficiencies and the smoothing out of cash flow, the enhancement of processes and procedures, and when needed, maintaining ongoing interaction with key stakeholders, customers and distributors. The new President will contribute to the development and growth of the business, by applying his/her proven track record for effective multi-departmental management and metric-driven leadership.
In this role, you will impact the company by…
· Driving financial and operational structure, reducing costs and decreasing inefficiencies for company growth and profitability
· Establishing the necessary infrastructure to support an expected 20%-25% sustainable growth each of the next 5 years while driving the simplification of financial reporting structure
· Managing, mentoring and assessing the team and processes in the U.S. and Mexico, to identify relevant gaps
· Overseeing the financial activities of the business, including managing and expanding the internal team, in addition to managing the outsourced accounting partner (Signature Analytics)
· Provide executive leadership to global finance and accounting staff, articulate and execute corporate strategy with the CEO and develop business plans for future operations.
· Manage domestic and international banking relationships and credit facilities as appropriate
· Oversee financial and bank audits
· Identifying and recommending strategies for improvement, enhancing the technology where appropriate and implementing new initiatives to increase efficiencies
· Managing, mentoring and building the team to leverage key competencies
· Playing a hands-on management role with respect to maintaining relationships within key customers and distributors, including monthly visits to the operation in Mexico
· Executing the CEOs corporate strategy, that ties directly to the company’s financial targets
· Defining and evaluating performance and current MBOs of all team members per the established policies and objectives of the company, making necessary recommendations for appropriate adjustments in expectations and structure
· Oversee and take part in public relations and external communication activities as appropriate, to support the company’s strategy and desired positioning
· Instilling a sense of accountability and a heightened sense of urgency among the key internal stakeholders
· Motivating current and future team members to innovate and operate in a proactive manner
· Interacting with and updating the CEO and the board through monthly and quarterly meetings
You will thrive in this role if you possess…
· A demonstrated history serving as a financially focused operational leader with a track record of
streamlining and enhancing finance, accounting, cash flow and operational efficiency
· Proven experience managing corporate money (CFO, Sr. Controller, VP Finance or CAO)
· Recent experience operating in a leadership capacity for an SMB business ($5m – $25m) within medical device manufacturing
· Experience overseeing a business that relies on a Maquiladora or other international manufacturing facility is a strong preference
· Experience establishing and implementing process improvement initiatives with a strong attention to detail
· Recent experience operating in a highly autonomous capacity, while partnering with the CEO and Board of Directors
· A reputation as a reliable, astute, consistent and results-driven leader
· Ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in a business with a diverse customer base
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, MBA preferred
You will excel in their culture if you possess…
· A firm but fair management style, with the ability to implement and uphold a culture of accountability
· Execution focused and hands-on leadership style with an understanding that no accounting or finance function is too small
· High energy and drive to create long term value in a small, but growing legacy operation
· High emotional intelligence and natural DNA for talent assessment, mentoring and team empowerment
· Demonstrated willingness, credibility and confidence to push back on internal stakeholders, disrupt legacy systems and question historic operating practices
· An ability to communicate, negotiate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team.
· Strategic acumen and forward-looking mindset coupled with bottom-line focus
· Change leadership: ability to inspire and influence others to adopt new practices
· Communication (clear, candid, concise; scalable and effective at all levels)