BACK TO JOBS

Apply for this position

President USA (Remote)

Location: Remote | Job # 695 | Category: CEO/ President

CLIENT:

Our client is an innovative manufacturer of pulsed solid-state and fiber lasers for scientific and industrial applications, focusing on building customized laser systems in small and medium series. Their in-house R&D team and 30 years of experience ensure professional laser design, customization and manufacturing of reliable and state-of-the-art products. 76 of the top 100 worldwide renowned universities are using their lasers. They are involved in a number of Extreme Light Infrastructure (ELI) projects developing and building the most powerful ultra-short pulse laser systems in the world, dedicated to fundamental research. Their diode-pumped tunable wavelength laser system has received the prestigious Prism Award. The goal of our client is to become a first priority company for customers who are looking for ultrashort pulse lasers and tunable systems.

Our client is passionate about creating and manufacturing state-of-the-art reliable laser systems and they are looking to further expand their operations in the U.S. This newly created role of President USA will be charged with expanding market presence and brand recognition, by leveraging his/her knowledge of the industry and it’s OEM and industrial customers.

The company has operated in North America for more than 20 years; with good success in the scientific laser market segment, and is now driving towards accelerated growth within the OEM sector.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION:

In this newly created position, the President USA will be reporting directly to the Global CEO of the company in Europe. The President will impact the future of the organization in North America by being responsible for selling the company’s products in the scientific and industrial markets and by building a team over time. Moreover, the successful candidate will leverage the company’s highly technical and customizable production team based in Europe

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:

  • In the first year, approximately 35% of the time will be spent developing the strategy for the North American market, while the other 65% will be spent in front of customers to close new sales.
  • With full P&L responsibility, the President USA will be directly responsible for sales, administration, marketing, logistics and accounting/finance.
  • Develop a strategy for further expansion and growth of the subsidiary in North America in industrial, OEM photonics market segments.
  • Support the strategy for maintaining consistent scientific laser market growth.
  • Executing and designing company sales and marketing strategies, making the vision real through effective management of the day-to-day activities and developing new business partners and customers.
  • Identify the market requirements and specifics, develop and execute the strategies and tactics for growth of orders and profitability in North America.
  • Adjust the structure and responsibilities in the scope of sales, marketing, logistics, and customer service.

EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:

  • While a degree in Engineering or a comparable technical field is preferred, degrees in business or similar disciplines will also be considered.
  • At least 5-years of experience working in top managerial positions in the photonics or similar highly technical high tech manufacturing industry, preferably laser industry.
  • Strong, demonstrable business development and customer relationship development skills.
  • Goal-oriented; experience to maintain ongoing tasks and liabilities and deliver results in a small to mid-sized technology manufacturing firm.
  • Positive, proactive and solution-oriented mindset with a history of clear, concise, and persuasive communication.
  • Proven ability to build, develop and motivate a team in a technology environment that thrives on customization.
  • Initiative, passion, and drive for achievement.
  • Broad perception and thinking.
  • Proactive, energetic, and highly motivated.
  • Assertive and mature personality; ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
  • International mindset, ability to deal with cross-functional and intercultural teams.
  • High service orientation.
  • Ability to work in an international, fast-paced environment.
  • Lateral, but pragmatic thinker; open to new ideas; ability to bring in new ideas to further develop concepts and ideas; creative.
  • Hands-on, self-driven, pragmatic personality.
  • Entrepreneurial spirit and performance orientation.
  • Business acumen and bias for action.
  • Willingness to work remotely, and travel occasionally to Europe.

Apply for this position

Max. file size: 256 MB.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.