The Product Manager will manage the development and implementation of marketing activities to achieve sales, margin and customer service goals. This position will provide leadership and direction through coordinating projects and implementing actionable plans to deliver growth via product development and product maintenance. This position will also drive growth through developing winning product strategies, including end-to-end product lifecycle management from defining market requirements, developing the concept, design, launch, and production realization for sustained profitability. It will require communicating and driving projects in a multi-discipline team environment that include Sales, Engineering, Customer Support, Quality, and Operations.
Strategic Planning and Roadmap Development
- Develop long term vision and strategy for specific pressure transmitter, instrumentation and valve product families through market research, market segmentation, share estimates, and competitive analysis.
- Understand and articulate product and customer requirements by analyzing customer applications, market size and projected market growth
- Conduct global primary and secondary market research to deliver clear product requirements using a full range of Voice of the Customer techniques and feedback from sales, engineering and channel partners. Define product roadmap with prioritized new product development efforts with resource requirements and assess technical gaps.
New Product Development
- Leads cross functional new product development through our tollgate process as defined in the product roadmap.
- Leads product launch and market introduction
Product Life-Cycle Management
- Monitors and analyzes market trends and projects activity and prepares sales forecasts for use in planning manufacturing operations and for controlling inventories. (SIOP)
- Develop & lead implementation of winning business models, including the establishment of required lead times.
- Participates actively in the Operations and Quality processes including project team involvement, problem-solving, and recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of departmental and/or company-wide business activities.
- Develops recommendation for “where-make” decisions based on market opportunities to drive growth.
- Use fact based approach to rationalize existing product portfolio with changes in market demand.
Support Profitable Sales Growth
- Drive existing products to full potential through geographic expansion and market adjacencies.
- Lead efforts to analyze competitive products and develop and communicate winning sales strategies for selling against them
- Supports outside sales organization in driving quick turn-around of customer proposals for modified product requests.
- Create leads by finding other companies who could use application
- Deploy leads in an actionable way to the Inside Sales Manager who will be responsible for penetrating these accounts
- Develop target applications for existing and in-development product lines
- Defines and implements pricing strategies in line with market opportunity
- Supports Productivity Improvement projects to reduce cost and improve margins.
- Supports E&O team to monitor and drive improvement by promoting consumption/substitution and proactive analysis/elimination of E & O increases.
The preceding responsibilities and functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering preferred, Business / Marketing Degrees also applicable. A good understanding of technical products and concepts.
- Seven (7) or more years of customer-facing experience including product management sales/marketing experience in the industrial or similar market. Preferred experience in fluid power, hydraulics instrumentation (pressure, level, temperature, or flow) or valves products across various industries
- Knowledge of product design and manufacturing principals, Bills of material, Industrial Marketing and sales principles, methods and practices; applications and sales territories; technical product applications; customer service principles, practices and procedures.
- Travel Up to 25%
- Cross function leadership through influence
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Ability to operate across the business and in different environments and cultures
- Integrity and ethical qualities of the highest standard
- Highly motivated and innovative
- Team oriented
- Strong IT skills
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Houston, TX, with flex time available (partial home office