Our clients has been successfully operating the in construction business for over 40 years. They are seeking a enhance the profitability of the business by providing the leadership in planning and executing the project management activities.
This position ensures that project management services that are provided by our client are planned and executed in an effective, efficient, safe and profitable fashion, including project documentation, contract administration, monitoring quality and costs, fiscal management and ensuring customer satisfaction.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
The major responsibilities of the Project Manager include the following:
Serve as the owners’ primary point of contact for assigned projects, maintaining a positive and professional relationship.
Manage projects to meet the goals of our client by:
- Planning, coordinating with field staff, scheduling (including short interval planning), and controlling all Project activities to meet project schedules and exceed budgeted revenue, gross margin and income goals of the company.
- Monitoring project productivity, material usage, equipment rental, purchasing site supplies, support project costing, and provide data for any other reports.
- Establishing and monitoring and updating all project schedules, coordinating, scheduling and implementing change orders to meet subcontractors and customer’s requirements.
- Using sound budgeting practices to predict and control project costs complete, periodic job cost reviews, and cost to complete report.
- Ensuring that all project teams and crews are properly and timely informed of changes and understand the company’s and clients’ goals for the project.
- Conducting regular project OAC & Draw meetings, prepare meeting agendas & minutes, draws, logs and schedule updates.
Ensure that equipment, materials and project scheduling are performed in an accurate and timely manner to support the site activity requirements by:
- Prepare subcontract agreements & scope of work consistent with plans, specs and the GC Agreement.
- Monitoring records in keeping with company process and procedures.
- Ensuring subcontractor performance is delivered and utilized as contracted. Process RFIs, submittals, etc. timely.
- Approval and coding all project invoices.
Ensure that the project installation and construction activities meet the quality standards established by the company and clients’ expectations.
Provide information, communication and leadership to provide the Management Team and the President with technical information on new or improved methods or equipment, which might enhance company profitability or competitiveness.
Back up the essential activities of the Project Manager function by training (or arrange for) back up personnel to perform the necessary tasks in the absence of either the Project Manager or other individuals in the project.
Ensure compliance by the Project staff with applicable Federal, State, City and municipality laws and regulations.
Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the President or Director of Operations and keep him/her informed on significant financial and employment issues.
Represent the company at all times with a professional appearance and demeanor.
Meet with owner on a regular basis and report to management team via meeting minutes buyout reports and dashboard reports.
Meets Minimum Mental, Physical and Sensory requirements
Bachelors Degree in Construction Administration or related fields. Significant experience can substitute for educational achievement.
Minimum of 5 years experience in construction management with increasing levels of responsibility.