Sales Development Rep
Based in San Diego, our client represents the leading cybersecurity agencies and providers in the country. By managing the best security and risk management firms in the U.S., they help businesses connect with these world-class organizations and technologies. With offices throughout San Diego, this organization offers a hard working yet driven and positive work environment with a leadership team that encourages and supports constant learning and professional development.
About this position
In this important organizational role, you will be directly compensated for interacting daily with innovative and forward thinking business owners, founders, CEOs, CIOs and IT Directors while setting appointments for the Founders. Leveraging their research-driven approach to identifying prospective clients, you will connect with fully researched, pre-selected executives, scheduling phone and virtual meetings for the Owner/Founders. Relying on proven, well-defined scripts, while showcasing your tenacity and methodical approach, the SDR will articulate the benefits and historical results of the Founders’ unique knowledge of the cybersecurity and risk mitigation industry. Reporting to the Founders, the successful candidate will be highly visible, making a significant impact on the growth of the organization.
In this newly created role, you will…
- Proactively engage with pre-sourced and heavily researched senior level contacts on a daily basis utilizing their automated dialing system and salesforce tools.
- Leveraging your personal experience and success as a top SDR to engage top decision makers, converting them to prospects by arranging calls with the Owners.
- Utilize consultative sales techniques, your above average communication skills, your keen ability to think on your feet and a strong EQ, to quickly build rapport and develop trust.
- Employ proven sales tactics and scripts that allow you to rely on your ability to react quickly in a fluid environment, and be prepared with compelling responses to prospect questions.
- Aggressively achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual goals measured by the number of “meetings” set and the number of executives that “show up” to those appointments.
- Utilize the CRM, summarizing activity and progress.
You will excel in this role if you have…
- A background as an experienced inside sales professional in the tech, innovation, consulting, product, software or marketing sector (minimum 3+ years)
- A proven track record of converting calls to appointments in a timely & efficient manner leveraging well developed scripts and ongoing coaching
- An Exceptional ability to listen and quickly respond to objections
- Minimum of 3+ years in business, converting pre-identified leads to appointments, focused on business owners and C-level executives
- A desire to continually improve your craft through coaching and mentoring
- Recent experience representing or selling a consultative or tech service or product with a short-term sales cycle
- A collaborative and engaging communication style that relies on your ability to be concise, direct and consultative, while demonstrating initiative, patience, confidence and courtesy
- Demonstrated history of working independently in a self-directed, fluid, fast-paced, metric-driven environment that encourages intellectual pushback
- A passion for multi-tasking and a commitment to following through and following up
- The fortitude and confidence to interact regularly with senior executives, business owners, CEOs, IT Directors, CIOs and their respective stakeholders