Senior Sales Manager (Remote – Eastern US/Canada)
Our client is a highly successful, established 3rd generation European based building products manufacturer. They are looking to grow their existing presence in the Eastern U.S. and Canada by adding an Independent Contract Sales Professional dedicated to overseeing and growing these territories.
- Identify selling opportunities within area of influence – Eastern US & Canada.
- Leads the product sale and promotion through both the Distribution network, as well as OEM accounts.
- Advances companies position in the market through active market presence, share growth initiatives, and motivating distribution Sales Reps.
- Identifies and understands competitive landscape, inclusive of product and distribution.
- Maintain direct personal contact with all assigned accounts and captures contacts, activities, plans, and strategies into CRM.
- Actively owns the relationship development and conflict resolution in territory. P
- re-call planning and post call follow up approach to customer activity, documenting in the CRM.
- Works closely with partner specification reps to ensure specifications flow and ultimately are successfully closed.
Sales and Marketing:
- Manager will develop and implement an annual channel sales plan to achieve overall and category specific growth for all areas.
- Territory manager will also accurately prepare monthly forecasts as well as structured and market reports.
- Collaborate with the specifications sales organization and distributor base in project tracking activities as well as participation in trade relevant shows and events.
- This position also incorporates actively maintaining a training regimen for the distributor base on product knowledge, launches and sales process development.
- Ability to provide solutions to customer needs in a win-win fashion.
- Must be able to present a value proposition and overcome price discussion/negotiation.
- Tracks performance numerically sales plan monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- 5+ years of related sales experience, with experience in the interior surfaces and building products industry required.
- Established network of builder contacts and distributors highly preferred.
- Living in USA (East Coast) or Canada; overnight travel, a minimum of 10 business days per month as well as daily travel up to 50% required.
- Knowledge of the strategic selling process and bidding phases, sales negotiation skills, demonstrated customer aptitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to seamlessly work with different levels of distribution, including but not limited to, Regional Managers, Branch Managers, Principals, and Specification Reps Territory Manager.
- Spanish as a second language strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a focus in Business or marketing preferred.