Vice President of Technology
As the VP of Technology, reporting to the CEO of this rapidly growing B2B2C software company based in Orange County, you will play a pivotal role in developing and executing a strategic plan for enhancing internal systems and workflow management (50%) and leading the technology team, driving innovation, and ensuring the seamless integration of acquired technologies into a unified product (50%). You will spend approximately 70% of your time in a tactical role, overseeing the deployment and implementation of the new unified software offering, while the remaining 30% will be in ideation mode, working alongside the CEO & Founder. With more than 200 customers in the youth soccer club, tournament and event sector, our client’s unique comprehensive solution integrates all back-office support, scheduling, scouting, and league management in one fully integrated SaaS platform. In this newly created position, our Client is offering a unique opportunity to lead the development of a cutting-edge solution while contributing to the company’s hyper growth and expanded footprint.
- Serve on the executive committee to align technology goals to other departmental and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate the company’s product, engineering, and technology roadmaps.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with business goals and broader technology strategy.
- Translate the strategy into an actionable roadmap with an emphasis on aligning technology for scalability and performance.
- Identify opportunity for process improvement. Evaluate internal technologies to support improved internal processes, ensuring tools and systems are scalable and efficient.
- Oversee the integration of new and existing platform technologies with an emphasis on the customer experience, making the user experience seamless and highly intuitive.
- Expand, support, and mentor a best-in-class engineering team of 10-20 developers.
- Foster a culture of strategic ownership, scrappiness, and cross-functional collaboration down to the IC engineering level using insights from data to drive efficient feature delivery and operational excellence.
- Oversee data security, management, and governance.
- Manage strategic vendor and technology partner relationships.
- Manage IT resource allocation, goal/KPI setting, and performance metrics. In conjunction with the CEO/Founder, help define the company’s overall technology strategy to support business objectives.
- Make infrastructure decisions, ensuring technical excellence, versatility, safety and soundness, resiliency and scalability in the architecting and engineering of product solutions, as well as managing all technical delivery.
- Ensure tight collaboration across departments to drive strategic initiatives, including understanding of the alignment between technology strategy and various technology road maps.
- Create strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Lead and grow the existing development team while fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to a team of developers and technical staff, both local and remote.
- In partnership with the CEO & Founder, develop and communicate the company’s internal technology strategy and vision, aligning it with the broader business goals.
- Play a central role in integrating acquired technologies into a cohesive and streamlined product, ensuring efficient communication and synergy between teams.
- Ensure the scalability, reliability, and security of the company’s software products.
- Along with the CEO & Founder, help drive the architecture, development and deployment of the integrated software solution.
Collaboration with Executive Leadership:
- Work closely with the Founder & CEO in addition to members of the parent company to align technology initiatives with overall business strategies.
- Provide regular reports on technology performance and progress.
- Manage the technology budget and allocate resources effectively to support department goals.
- Make data-driven decisions to optimize resource allocation.
- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get into the technical details when necessary, especially during critical project phases or challenges.
You will excel in this role if you have…
- 10+ years of experience including 5+ years of technology leadership experience within B2C software as a service (SaaS).
- Recent experience leading a mid-sized technology firm ($15m-$50m).
- A track record of successfully integrating acquired technologies into a unified product with an emphasis on the customer experience.
- The demeanor, confidence and diplomacy to work alongside the CEO and Founder to build the infrastructure to support the rollout and management of a new product offerings.
- Experience collaborating with a sophisticated executive and investor team.
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity, and a “scrappy” approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to build, motivate and inspire a team of gifted developers in a lean, fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- Domain expertise working with AWS and SQL in addition to .NET, Angular, and/or Xamarin.
Anticipated compensation between $200-250k base + bonus.