Vice President Sales (Remote)
Our client designs modern student engagement software to meet the unique needs of higher education. They are on a mission to make every message count. They believe that having the right communications between the right people at the right time helps students, alumni and staff reach their goals and aspirations. Colleges and universities enjoy a 200% inquiry increase, a 98% student retention rate, and doubled donations with their software, the industry’s first and only solution built by higher ed professionals for higher ed leaders. The software engagement solutions empower 750+ institutions to advance and inspire students’ success by increasing enrollment, engagement, retention, and alumni gifts.
Our client is growing – fast. They are committed to building a company that’s focused not just on the bottom line but also on the happiness of their customers and team.
They offer a flexible work environment that allows for both hybrid and fully remote opportunities to help set you up for success. Our client is an equal opportunity employer that is united by their values and celebrates their unique differences.
They’re on a mission to personalize and improve the higher education experience with smart, innovative products.
You might be a good fit for our client if you:
- Like to work with amazing people! (Seriously, their own teammates’ words)
- Dislike politics and “red tape”
- Are friendly, always willing to lend a helping hand
- Can make a path forward, even in ambiguous situations
- Are humble, able to admit your failures (we’re all human)
- Love to learn, self-taught in many areas
- Are willing to give and receive feedback because you care
- Are bored without a hard problem to solve
- Enjoy seeing your hard work make real impact, and controlling your own success
The VP of Sales will own all of the sales strategy and execution and will play a pivotal role in propelling sales into innovative new markets and/or categories. As the VP of Sales, you will utilize proven experience and playbooks to help strategically define and implement a comprehensive sales strategy. Our client has a team-oriented culture: it’s more about getting the job done through collaboration than focusing on a hierarchy. This is an opportunity to grow with the client and create the sales team of a lifetime!
- Drive impact and sales at scale across the Higher Education landscape and beyond (other vertical markets) that are in sync with Go-to-Market priorities while documenting best practices and playbooks.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment with the leadership team, marketing, operations, and client success to effectively sell the client’s software solutions, playbooks, and services across our sales and client success teams.
- Lead strategic sales initiatives that impact our client’s business with new clients and existing clients through direct sales and channel partner sales.
- Be an influential leader: Frame alternative solutions to address business/marketing-related problems/challenges, provide objectivity and insights to offer paths forward, and influence a diverse set of senior stakeholders to accelerate decisions.
- Drive team execution: Lead and mentor the team to flawlessly execute the sales strategy, learn from each iteration, and continuously improve performance and collaboration.
- Monitor and take action on important metrics: Track and report on important sales performance metrics that will increase sales and accelerate sales velocity. Use the data to continually optimize and improve performance.
- Build our client’s Sales tech stack: Provide thought leadership and perspective for new technology adoption where appropriate to do things more efficiently and effectively with a high-performance, collaborative and client-driven team.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA preferred.
- 20+ years of SaaS sales, operations and solutions consulting experience.
- Experience interacting with senior-level executives.
- Thought leadership experience, and the ability to lead sales operations and strategic initiatives by being mindful of frontline realities and bringing pragmatism and a strong understanding of solution differentiation and establishing a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Excellent business sense with distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, and the ability to operate with a high degree of integrity avoiding the appearance of self-interest or favoritism
- Experience managing inclusive and diverse teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with operations, client success, and marketing teams.
- Must be able to travel 6-8 times each year.
YOU WILL GET BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Start-up and or SMB experience.
- Experience working with Higher Education and enterprise clients.
YOU WILL THRIVE IF YOU:
- Are an innovative and creative problem solver.
- Can drive and motivate the team to success despite challenges.
- Have a very strong bias towards action and believe that “Done is better than perfect.” “The wrong decision is better than no decision.”